• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Grobe Stepping Down - Press Conference @4:15

So this means the whole staff is gone. Wonderful. Bye, Lobo.

All of a sudden, I am extremely pissed we didn't win Saturday, despite his faults damnit Jim Grobe deserved to go out a winner....:mad:

If Lobo gets the job I will be done with WF football after 50 years. We need some energy and life in the program and if we get someone successful and they move on in three or four years great- go get another one. I am sorry for Grobe but he did this to himself. He quit and rested and Wellman let him do it. Time for a change and personality void drones need not apply.

Lobo won't be the coach. None of you actually believe that would happen, right?

Warren Belin must be thrilled that he took this job.

so maybe a stupid question, but the email from wfu reads that he is resigning from WFU.... careful wording to not say retiring?

email just received (from WFU athletics):

This morning, during their regular weekly meeting, Head Football Coach Jim Grobe informed Athletic Director Ron Wellman of his plans to resign his position.
As a University, we are grateful to Coach Grobe and his staff for the 13 seasons in which he led our football program. During that time, the Demon Deacons went to five bowl games, won the 2006 Atlantic Coast Conference Football Championship and were invited to the Orange Bowl. Coach Grobe’s tenure at Wake Forest will go down as the greatest run of football success in school history. He and his staff lifted our program to great heights and showed us that winning championships is a worthy and realistic goal.

We wish Jim and his staff all the very best. Let’s take a moment to thank each staff member for their service to Wake Forest University.

With Wellman in charge that press release has the same connotation of Rommel leaving the German Army after the attempt on Hitler's life...

so maybe a stupid question, but the email from wfu reads that he is resigning from WFU.... careful wording to not say retiring?
Maybe so to keep the door open to coach again. But I can't see Grobe coaching again. Nor can I see him needing to after how much we paid him.

Finally some excitement and hope, after all the crap that we have been thorough over the last 5 years. I want to say how much I love grobe and appreciate all that he had done for wake football, something that I thought was not possible at wake or that I would see in my life time. Now im finally excited to see who we can bring in and I hope and pray ron opens the wallet and gets somebody who believes they can win here!! Anyway god bless you Jim and thank you!

Ok so this will probably play out like the Bz situation - who's got a shitty BCS coaching record that used to coach NFL but had all his success with a star player? oh shit.. return of Caldwell?

unknown.jpg

he is taking his staff to washington to take over for sark

Lobo won't be the coach. None of you actually believe that would happen, right?

I don't think anyone believes it, but at the same time many people fear it, given how things have gone lately. I feel much like I did when Dino was fired. Not a bad move if you have someone better lined up. Of course, Grobe is resigning on his own so it is a different situation. In any case, given the [Redacted] hire, I fear for the future of football.

I wonder if any of Wellman's other former roomates needs a job.

Back