• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

HB2 Strikes Again

That's the difference between a state not being progressive (SC, TX) and a state forbidding progress (NC). When HB2 is repealed, transsexuals will still not be guaranteed protections statewide, but local governments will again be allowed to create protections.

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

Hear you and agree. That said, in the overall scheme of things it just seems odd to have SC, TN and TX benefitting from a stance taken to oppose discriminatory practices. Understand that the games have to be played some place, and NC decided it wanted to taken an aggressive stance on the issue, which was predicted to and does have adverse consequences for the State.

And TX has some fantastically anti-progress politicians running things 'round here.

First of all Dr. Griffin taught the History of Christianity, a fully secular course. It wasn't Sunday school class. Bruce Jenner is a transsexual, not a transgender if he in fact had surgery. Thirdly, modern biology has shown us 1600 species of animals that exhibit homosexual behavior. In addition I can't believe an educated man is talking to me about fucking Noah's Ark. Science is a beautiful thing. We know beyond all doubt there was no Arkian flood. I enjoy mythology as much as the next person, but lighting doesn't come from Zeus and There was never a freaking boat with every species on Earth aboard. You should give back your diploma.

Mack, when someone is outside, lighting usually comes from the sun or maybe Helios in your terms. I don't know about your "Arkian flood", but I do know from reading that Noah was out there with many animals of male & female types [not Caitlyn/Bruce or Chaz/Chastity types] for 40 days and 40 nights of flooding. I also know that 40 was a pretty significant number as the Moses was on Mount Sinai for 40 days, the Israelites wondered for 40 years, a man could only receive 40 lashes maximum for a crime and Goliath taunted Saul's army for 40 days before David arrived to slay him. Mack, go back to your Bud's & Marlboro's.

It's also significant in that 40 years ago, apparently Wake accepted anyone with a pulse.

I mean it is kind of a fact that academically speaking and ranking wise Wake is a much better school than in the past, but we aren't dealing with facts right now since we are talking about creationism and world flooding.

I mean it is kind of a fact that academically speaking and ranking wise Wake is a much better school than in the past, but we aren't dealing with facts right now since we are talking about creationism and world flooding.

can you guys stop posting for a little while please, I would like to hear more fun facts about the number 40

Minus 40 degrees, or “40 below,” is the only temperature that is the same in both Fahrenheit and Celsius.

source: reader's digest

There are 40 spaces on a standard Monopoly board. Proving that life is a gamble, the game gives players equal odds (one in 40) of going directly to jail or winning the Free Parking lottery.

source: reader's digest again

There are 40 spaces on a standard Monopoly board. Proving that life is a gamble, the game gives players equal odds (one in 40) of going directly to jail or winning the Free Parking lottery.

source: reader's digest again

People who put money into Free Parking are the worst.

can you guys stop posting for a little while please, I would like to hear more fun facts about the number 40

girl_drinking_a_40_by_lowerrider-d5ijalo.jpg

When the bubonic plague gripped Europe during the Middle Ages, ships would be isolated in harbor for 40 days before passengers could go ashore. The Italian word for 40 is quaranta—hence quarantine.

source: it's still reader's digest, guys

Maybe, but apparently they don't have enough control of the state government, as of June, Texas had 12 cities of over 100k pop. with LGBTQ protections.

https://www.texastribune.org/2016/06/09/comparing-nondiscrimination-ordinances-texas/
Thats a far cry from a state that won't allow any of its cities to enact those protections.

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

I think they have a lot of control over school boards though. Pretty scary some of the stuff happening in TX schools.

Good for Mike Buddie, Furman and Greenville, SC. Honestly, it's a much better place to spend a weekend than Greensboro.

When the bubonic plague gripped Europe during the Middle Ages, ships would be isolated in harbor for 40 days before passengers could go ashore. The Italian word for 40 is quaranta—hence quarantine.

source: it's still reader's digest, guys

Nah, Dan Brown's Inferno. #knowyoursources

Back