• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

HB2 Strikes Again

There was actually no salvation for any American until "under god" was added to the pledge in 1954.

Minor correction. This did not occur until the "new" motto was placed on law enforcement vehicles in the past couple years.

Except that didn't happen. As the same time God help Adam & Eve evolve in Africa, there were many others who became humans. Some of the were gay.

A huge number of the two religions (Judaism and Roman Catholicism) that led to the formation of Reff's type of Christianity believe the Bible is an allegory not a history book.

Allegory is code for the parts you don't actually believe. For instance. Leviticus is the dead truth but dinosaurs on the Ark is Allegory.

Actually both Jews and Catholics believe the Bible was written to explain things to primitive societies. The concept of things like the Garden of Eden, Noah's Ark, Sodom and Gomorrah and much of the Bible were to combat the amazing feats of the other "gods".

We could also ask out Biblical scholars here where in the Book of Genesis did God create separate latrines for Adam and Eve, or did I miss an eighth day? It's probably in there between the sun revolving around the Earth and plant life growing before sunlight. I probably missed it.

So Mack, when you took Dr. Griffin's religion class at Wake Forest, did you read in there somewhere that God created Adam, Eve & a creature called
Bruce/Caitlyn that had to be surgically altered to become what he/she/it is?. I think somewhere in there between your Budweiser & Marlboro's, you missed a lot of Genesis 2:4-3:24. Or even the story of Noah in Genesis 7, where he collected a male & a female to be able to keep the species alive.

I bet TheReff does more to change people's minds/beliefs on threads like this than any other poster out there.

So Mack, when you took Dr. Griffin's religion class at Wake Forest, did you read in there somewhere that God created Adam, Eve & a creature called
Bruce/Caitlyn that had to be surgically altered to become what he/she/it is?. I think somewhere in there between your Budweiser & Marlboro's, you missed a lot of Genesis 2:4-3:24. Or even the story of Noah in Genesis 7, where he collected a male & a female to be able to keep the species alive.

First of all Dr. Griffin taught the History of Christianity, a fully secular course. It wasn't Sunday school class. Bruce Jenner is a transsexual, not a transgender if he in fact had surgery. Thirdly, modern biology has shown us 1600 species of animals that exhibit homosexual behavior. In addition I can't believe an educated man is talking to me about fucking Noah's Ark. Science is a beautiful thing. We know beyond all doubt there was no Arkian flood. I enjoy mythology as much as the next person, but lighting doesn't come from Zeus and There was never a freaking boat with every species on Earth aboard. You should give back your diploma.

That is a new one Pilch. As far as I always knew, God created Adam & Eve, not Adam & Steve [or for that matter Bruce/Caitlyn or Chastity/Chaz]. But on the other hand, because of HB2, Hurricane Matthew has decided not to enter North Carolina.

we've reached peak internet comment

PA HS students sue over bathrooms
https://www.yahoo.com/news/transgen...-district-restroom-rule-174253470.html?ref=gs

Some experts disagree, notably Paul McHugh, the former psychiatrist in chief at Johns Hopkins Hospital, which pioneered sexual reassignment surgery but later discontinued the practice as harmful.

"(P)olicy makers and the media are doing no favors either to the public or the transgendered by treating their confusions as a right in need of defending rather than as a mental disorder that deserves understanding, treatment and prevention," McHugh originally wrote in a 2014 editorial essay that's been reprinted in several publications.

The lawsuit contends the restroom rules violate Title IX, the federal law that bans sex discrimination in schools receiving federal funds, and the equal protection clause of the U.S. Constitution.

So sex <> gender until you need it to in court?

Nope, we all have rights already built into the Constitution. God also built us as man & woman. If a private business wants to go to the expense of adding the 3rd facility, more power to them, but states should not have to for .1% of the population. We are moving the ACC baseball tournament to the state of Kentucky and if anybody has checked, I believe you will find they have no extra "protections" either. Kentucky and Mississippi have joined the 11 states challenging the legality of President Obama's recent directive I wonder if the ACC checked into that or any of the other states before pulling all these championships? I wonder if they will be moving their own offices from the luxurious headquarters at Grandover [speaking of being hypocrites!]. Hate for John Swofford to give up that nice golf course and other amenities.

Why is TheReff's interpretation of this "religion" and BarcaDeac, MDMH & Pilchard's interpretation not "religion"? Liberals begin every discussion on every topic with the assumption that their opinion on everything is morally right and that anyone who disagrees with their opinion is morally wrong. Liberals' moral arrogance is totally disgusting.

Because one opinion is based on faith, and the other opinions are based on fact.

Everything in TheReff's post was fact. I didn't see anything in his post that was based on faith.

Well then you must have a reading disability.

What did he say that was not a fact?

God created Adam and Eve.

That was not in TheReff's original post to which I responded. When I asked what he said that was not a fact, it referred to his post to which I originally responded...and to which you responded to me, etc. All the relevant posts are listed above.

That is a new one Pilch. As far as I always knew, God created Adam & Eve, not Adam & Steve [or for that matter Bruce/Caitlyn or Chastity/Chaz]. But on the other hand, because of HB2, Hurricane Matthew has decided not to enter North Carolina.

When you get "Adam and Steve" thrown at you, you know you are dealing with an intellectual heavyweight with arguments rooted in solid evidence. Or as Bob might call it, "fact".

You are stating it is a fact that God created man and women and that is not faith?

OK, point taken....but I wasn't really thinking about the "God created" part of his post when I said it was fact. I was thinking that...however we were created...it was a fact that we were created either as a man or as a woman.

OK, point taken....but I wasn't really thinking about the "God created" part of his post when I said it was fact. I was thinking that...however we were created...it was a fact that we were created either as a man or as a woman.

You might want to look into intersex conditions. Then again, you might not, because it challenges your whole "this is a fact" argument

Back