• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

HB2 Strikes Again

what about a community center pool, with its public restrooms that include showers and changing areas?

Why do conservatives love these public places in which everybody can see each other naked?

DF07, pretty sure the big KKK march in Randolph County has not be impacted by HB2. BKF can you confirm?

Why do conservatives love these public places in which everybody can see each other naked?

DF07, pretty sure the big KKK march in Randolph County has not be impacted by HB2. BKF can you confirm?

Who said I was a conservative or that I love such places?

If you have kids that swim on a swim team, they will spend many, many hours at places like that.

what about a community center pool, with its public restrooms that include showers and changing areas?

Do you actually think people of other genders will use public showers?

Talk about a red herring.

The last thing a trans-gender person would want to do is to cause a scene in a public bathroom.

If you have kids that swim on a swim team, they will spend many, many hours at places like that.

Because people seem to think it's some ideal as opposed to individual changing areas.

What is the fear? A trans kid would prefer privacy.

What a website!

Here's another article:

"95% of ‘faith-driven consumers’ turned off by Beauty and the Beast’s gay content: survey"

It has a place for Click Here to support "true marriage"

Your article is from 2012 and I'd like to see it from a real news source not from an extremist site with an incredibly biased agenda on all things that have to do with the LGBTQ community.

Are you worried about same sex child predation in these public places? Because I fail to see how HB2 protects them.

The quotes around transgender in the headline are a nice touch

Anyone else donate to the spring campaign for the #1 pro-life website on the internet?

Is cross burning deviant behavior?

What a website!

Here's another article:

"95% of ‘faith-driven consumers’ turned off by Beauty and the Beast’s gay content: survey"

It has a place for Click Here to support "true marriage"

Your article is from 2012 and I'd like to see it from a real news source not from an extremist site with an incredibly biased agenda on all things that have to do with the LGBTQ community.

The quotes around transgender in the headline are a nice touch

Anyone else donate to the spring campaign for the #1 pro-life website on the internet?

Here's a recap of the incident from the famously right-leaning Trans Advocate News.

http://transadvocate.com/colleen-fr...-evergreen-state-college-incident_n_10765.htm

http://www.transadvocate.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/EvergreenPoliceReport.pdf

Have any of you men from NC seen a transgender woman in the men's bathroom? Have any of your friends? Do you all have any evidence this law is having any effect?

I don't think I saw a transgender person anywhere in North Carolina during 5 years there

Exactly. Bobknightfan won't say that because as you lay it out it is ridiculous for a person as you describe to go into the guys' room. That's why this issue is a nonissue and the law thus completely unnecessary. The argument gets mired in individual belief systems on transgender folks and the LGBT community and Biblical stuff. None of that matters because as a pragmatic issue it is a nonissue. If a man identifies as a woman, dresses like a woman, known as a woman enters a women's bathroom absolutely no one would know, including Bobknightfan. In addition, think about where they would use the restroom in this scenario? The only place to go in a women's restroom is in a stall...in private. Similarly if a woman identifies as a man, dresses like a man, etc. uses a men's room the only option is also the stall as they would be unable to use the urinal...private again.

As I said earlier the bathroom portion of this bill is a complete canard. It distracts the public from the even more nefarious anti-LGBT elements of the bill.

He is also spouting a bullshit 99% stat of who's rights are being violated. My rights aren't being violated if a transgender man is in the same bathroom with me.

Why not be concerned about any child being exposed to nudity of adults regardless of sex/gender dynamics. I wouldn't want my son to be in the locker room at the Y. I would prefer more privacy in all locker rooms in the interest of protecting kids.

This. Protect our boys from conservative heroes like Milos and that Oklahoma state senator.

Is cross burning deviant behavior?

Not in #REALAmerica like Randolph County.

Many of you miss the whole point of this legislation. No one is afraid of or cares about what bathroom a transgender person uses. However, this law opens the door for sick men who want to go into a women's shower to do so, period. So, you have a twenty something old daughter taking a shower in a public place-- do you want some guy walking in, saying he is a transgender, to watch your daughter or worse? I think not. This is how most common sense people in NC view this issue. If a transgender person wants to change their birth certificate to say they are the other sex, go for it, and then use the restroom which corresponds to your birth certificate. I really see no problem here, except that this is a political issue which has NO PLACE IN SPORTS!!!!

That article is wrong about the bathroom portion of the law. HB2 only legislates which bathrooms people can use in government buildings, otherwise it just prevents local transgender protection ordinances. Private businesses are still free to let transgender people use the bathroom they prefer.

It's the same type of logic used to fight against marriage equality. Some here said marriage equality would lead to beastialty. polygamy and marrying your sister.

The predictable thing here is many (most) of the same people have complained both.

Many of you miss the whole point of this legislation. No one is afraid of or cares about what bathroom a transgender person uses. However, this law opens the door for sick men who want to go into a women's shower to do so, period. So, you have a twenty something old daughter taking a shower in a public place-- do you want some guy walking in, saying he is a transgender, to watch your daughter or worse? I think not. This is how most common sense people in NC view this issue. If a transgender person wants to change their birth certificate to say they are the other sex, go for it, and then use the restroom which corresponds to your birth certificate. I really see no problem here, except that this is a political issue which has NO PLACE IN SPORTS!!!!

What stops them from doing that under HB2? Oh, you mean the same laws against sexual assault as before? Got it.

Back