• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

HB2 Strikes Again

Yeah I have two daughters (neither within bkfs arbitrary range) and want HB2 gone.

I hear so much about how BKF lives in the real world with real Americans, yet he doesn't seem aware that in real America his granddaughters and grand nieces are about 10x more likely to be sexually assaulted by family or family friends than by a stranger in public. These public attacks by cross dressing perverts just don't happen. It's paranoid fantasy.

I mean there is a logical way to make these decisions. Have cities which introduced this legislation had increases in bathroom cross-dresser sexual assault?

Don't try to be a cute smart-ass. You can play with words to make yourself feel superior all you want, but my position is perfectly clear: Guys with dicks shouldn't be allowed in girls' bathrooms. I don't give a flying fuck whether that person feels like he is a female or not. If he has a dick, he is a male. And he is certainly a male to all the girls who are forced to be in that bathroom with him.

Do you have children? Or are you even married? You talk all this shit and feel like you are morally better than everyone who disagrees with you and you are not even in the fucking game.

Where are the posters here with 6 to 16 year old daughters who support having guys with dicks in their daughters' bathrooms? I asked that question earlier and so far not one such person has spoken up.

I would think a young girl being forced to be in the bathroom is the victim of other crimes like kidnapping.

When you're wearing the robes, how do you know the difference in the men and women? Seems hard to police the restrooms.

You all must lack common sense-- this legislation IS about protecting girls from Sexual predators-- this is the whole point. Under HB2, if a man walks into a women's locker room saying he feels like a woman today, he is arrested and should be. Under the Charlotte ordinance, he can do this if he feels like it, and will not be arrested because he can legally do this...

No this legislation is NOT about that at all. The Republicans have been very good at convincing you and others of that. But that is not at all what HB2 is about. They've disguised an anti-LGBT law in this ridiculous argument about bathrooms. And it's worked as we keep talking about bathrooms and not the more alarming limitations to individual rights. Bigotry disguised in "protecting the children". Good gracious. Businesses, the NCAA, the NBA, musical artists, etc. have pulled out of NC not over bathrooms, but over the limitations to LGBT rights. The bathroom issue is a straw man.

But since we are still focussing on this red herring of bathrooms, I'll take the bait...I have 3 daughters and want HB2 repealed. Why? Because it does absolutely nothing to protect them and, more importantly, because I teach my daughters that all people have value, to accept people for who they are, and to respect rights of all people.

And another portion of the HB2 that gets no attention is the anti-labor bullshit keeping local governments from installing minimum wage laws and other local ordinances re private business regulation.

HB2 sure helped the Gamecocks tonight as they had home crowd advantage in greenville tonight instead of playing in greensboro in front of a bunch of tarheel fans.

No this legislation is NOT about that at all. The Republicans have been very good at convincing you and others of that. But that is not at all what HB2 is about. They've disguised an anti-LGBT law in this ridiculous argument about bathrooms. And it's worked as we keep talking about bathrooms and not the more alarming limitations to individual rights. Bigotry disguised in "protecting the children". Good gracious. Businesses, the NCAA, the NBA, musical artists, etc. have pulled out of NC not over bathrooms, but over the limitations to LGBT rights. The bathroom issue is a straw man.

But since we are still focussing on this red herring of bathrooms, I'll take the bait...I have 3 daughters and want HB2 repealed. Why? Because it does absolutely nothing to protect them and, more importantly, because I teach my daughters that all people have value, to accept people for who they are, and to respect rights of all people.

You all can say whatever you want in a forum like this, which has no basis in reality. On this issue (not on many others), call me conservative or any other derogatory thing you would like. But people like me and everyone I know who holds this position, holds it exactly as I said. So, you can say "No this legislation is NOT about that at all", but the truth is different. This legislation is exactly about this-- making common sense laws which protect young women. No one whole holds this position that I know is anti-LGBT (there may be some anti-LGBT people who hold this position, but I do not know them). You can live whatever lifestyle you choose-- it does not matter at all to me. But do not tell me that a guy who 'feels like a woman today, so he is a woman,' can go into the locker room where my grand daughters are showering and watch them or abuse them to get himself off. This is what the Charlotte ordinance set up. HB2 at least gives the police the right to arrest a guy who does this. The way a transgender person can use the locker room of his/her choice is by changing his/her birth certificate. No one has a problem with this. If you don't believe me, I could give a rip. But those of you arguing the other side, and claiming this is about discrimination and this sort of thing are wrong. This is not the motive. Common sense legislation which protects young women is the motive. I am not sure why I am wasting my time trying to convince people who do not think clearly on this issue....

You all can say whatever you want in a forum like this, which has no basis in reality. On this issue (not on many others), call me conservative or any other derogatory thing you would like. But people like me and everyone I know who holds this position, holds it exactly as I said. So, you can say "No this legislation is NOT about that at all", but the truth is different. This legislation is exactly about this-- making common sense laws which protect young women. No one whole holds this position that I know is anti-LGBT (there may be some anti-LGBT people who hold this position, but I do not know them). You can live whatever lifestyle you choose-- it does not matter at all to me. But do not tell me that a guy who 'feels like a woman today, so he is a woman,' can go into the locker room where my grand daughters are showering and watch them or abuse them to get himself off. This is what the Charlotte ordinance set up. HB2 at least gives the police the right to arrest a guy who does this. The way a transgender person can use the locker room of his/her choice is by changing his/her birth certificate. No one has a problem with this. If you don't believe me, I could give a rip. But those of you arguing the other side, and claiming this is about discrimination and this sort of thing are wrong. This is not the motive. Common sense legislation which protects young women is the motive. I am not sure why I am wasting my time trying to convince people who do not think clearly on this issue....

This is not the phrasing of someone who is pro-LGBT

This is pretty much all wrong:
-First, HB2 give people who look like men a reason to be in a women's bathroom ("I was born a woman"). Under HB2, I suppose a police officer could ask for identification and then arrest based on that identification (or failure to produce it). But the lay citizen? Well you could call the police but good luck on that working out.
-Second, I don't know the exact language if the Charlotte ordinance, but being transgender is not waking up and deciding to dress like a woman. Is is more evolved than that, and I could imagine there could be a sincerely held belief type test (Indiana seems to have figured out how to make it work in order to discriminate against people, shouldn't be too hard to use it for good instead).
-Third, the lack of concern for sons and grandsons is astonishing. What about women preying on them? What about gay men preying on them? If you're that concerned your progeny being preyed upon, the best route is to not let your children use facilities that are shared with adults unless they have private stalls.
-Fourth, in the very unfortunate event a child is preyed upon, there are laws against it regardless of where it occurs or the sex, gender, or orientation of the offending party. Those laws have dramatically more teeth to them than HB2 does.
-Fifth, my understanding is that for a transgender person to have his or her gender changed on official documents, he or she has to have gender reassignment surgery. By this point, most transgender people have already changed their dress, taken hormones, and perhaps even had cosmetic surgery. As an example, Caitlyn Jenner cannot legally claim to be a woman in North Carolina. Regardless of what you think about her, surely you can admit that it would be far more challenging and tramatic for someone like her to go into a men's room than for your daughter to see her slip into the stall in a women's room.
-Sixth, HB2 is more than a bathroom bill. It also bans municipalities from implementing anti-discrimination policies, setting a local minimum wage, and regulating child labor.

Ugh, the only demonstration of "common sense" in this law is proving to the country that the Bible thumpers around here have none. You realize that the scenario you describe can still happen with HB2 in place right? So what was the point of the law?

Edit: this is in response to beachdeac82, not the excellent post from lurker

Last edited:
Beachdeac and BKF, I get that y'all seem to believe that transgender individuals are "faking" or "confused" and that if you were born with a dick you will always be male. Fine, whatever.

Do you at least recognize that there is a difference (even if only psychological) between:

Michelle, who was born a man but always felt like a woman and one day decides that she is going to start taking hormones, start dressing like a woman, ask people to call her Michelle instead of Mike, starts using the womens room permanently etc. and

Mike who was born a man, dresses like a man, holds himself out like a man and then decides that he wants to go into the women's room one day for whatever reason

If we're keeping HB2, then we need dick/vag checking police. Period. But they wont be needed all that often because we won't be having very many events anyway. There's STILL questions though.

First off - how does one qualify to be a dick/vag officer?

Do dicks check dicks and vags check vags? What about trans officers (assuming not allowed)?

How small can a dick be without just being considered a vag?

What if someone is so fat it's not immediately clear? Do we have a specially qualified officer on site for that?

What if no officer is available and I need a dick check? How long do I have to wait until I'm allowed to just piss outside? Can I be fined for that?

What if you had your dick removed? Or a dick added (and is that a thing)?

We need a special task force basically.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beachdeac and BKF, I get that y'all seem to believe that transgender individuals are "faking" or "confused" and that if you were born with a dick you will always be male. Fine, whatever.

Do you at least recognize that there is a difference (even if only psychological) between:

Michelle, who was born a man but always felt like a woman and one day decides that she is going to start taking hormones, start dressing like a woman, ask people to call her Michelle instead of Mike, starts using the womens room permanently etc. and

Mike who was born a man, dresses like a man, holds himself out like a man and then decides that he wants to go into the women's room one day for whatever reason

What would their DNA say they are?

You know there are already laws against peeping at people/abusing them in bathrooms right?

Also why do you think "changing a birth certificate" removes the concern? It's the same person, just a different piece of paper. You think that stops children from getting attacked?

What would their DNA say they are?

I posted this on another thread a month ago, but it should clear up any confusion you may have (note sarcasm):

Most people are born with either two X or an X and Y chromosome. Most of those with two X chromosomes develop female reproductive organs and female genitalia. Those born with an X and Y chromosome develop male reproductive organs and male genitalia. Except for those born with just one X chromosome (Turner syndrome), who usually have female characteristics but cannot reproduce. Or those with Klinefelter syndrome, in which they are born with two X and one Y chromosome. They have more male characteristics, though they develop breasts, have smaller genitalia, are less interested in sex, and are infertile. Or those with androgen insensitivity syndrome, in which they have an X and Y chromosome and testicles, but they develop female genitalia. Or congenital adrenal hyperplasia, in which people have two X chromosomes but develop male genitalia. Or any of the other 25 or so 'differences of sex development' conditions.

To act like this is a black and white issue could not be more wrong.

Back