• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

HB2 Strikes Again

Many of you miss the whole point of this legislation. No one is afraid of or cares about what bathroom a transgender person uses. However, this law opens the door for sick men who want to go into a women's shower to do so, period. So, you have a twenty something old daughter taking a shower in a public place-- do you want some guy walking in, saying he is a transgender, to watch your daughter or worse? I think not. This is how most common sense people in NC view this issue. If a transgender person wants to change their birth certificate to say they are the other sex, go for it, and then use the restroom which corresponds to your birth certificate. I really see no problem here, except that this is a political issue which has NO PLACE IN SPORTS!!!!

Under HB2, a man could walk into a women's bathroom and claim he was born a woman and it is perfectly legit. Without HB2, it wouldn't be.

Until we get P/V or birth certificate checkers, The actual effect of the law wrt trans people isn't that they will use the bathroom of their birth sex-it's that they will be afraid to go into public spaces at all. You can't claim to support the law and be OK with trans people.

It's the same type of logic used to fight against marriage equality. Some here said marriage equality would lead to beastialty. polygamy and marrying your sister.

The predictable thing here is many (most) of the same people have complained both.

I voted against the NC marriage bill, RJ. These are two completely different issues. Nobody else's rights are being violated in same-sex marriage. That is just between two people. The bathroom situation is completely different. That affects everyone.

Many of you miss the whole point of this legislation. No one is afraid of or cares about what bathroom a transgender person uses. However, this law opens the door for sick men who want to go into a women's shower to do so, period. So, you have a twenty something old daughter taking a shower in a public place-- do you want some guy walking in, saying he is a transgender, to watch your daughter or worse? I think not. This is how most common sense people in NC view this issue. If a transgender person wants to change their birth certificate to say they are the other sex, go for it, and then use the restroom which corresponds to your birth certificate. I really see no problem here, except that this is a political issue which has NO PLACE IN SPORTS!!!!

Dead-on. Great post.

Under HB2, a man could walk into a women's bathroom and claim he was born a woman and it is perfectly legit. Without HB2, it wouldn't be.

1000x this

Not only did the motivations for passing HB2 have nothing to do with protecting girls from sexual predators, it actually made them more vulnerable to sexual predators.

Talk is cheap. Just for the record, I would be interested in knowing which posters here support allowing transgender males to use the girls' bathroom & locker room facilities and have a daughter between the ages of 6 and 16. I guess there are some, but I would be interested in knowing who they were. Let's see a show of hands if you have a daughter between the ages of 6 & 16 and support allowing transgender males into her bathroom.

1000x this

Not only did the motivations for passing HB2 have nothing to do with protecting girls from sexual predators, it actually made them more vulnerable to sexual predators.
You all must lack common sense-- this legislation IS about protecting girls from Sexual predators-- this is the whole point. Under HB2, if a man walks into a women's locker room saying he feels like a woman today, he is arrested and should be. Under the Charlotte ordinance, he can do this if he feels like it, and will not be arrested because he can legally do this...

Talk is cheap. Just for the record, I would be interested in knowing which posters here support allowing transgender males to use the girls' bathroom & locker room facilities and have a daughter between the ages of 6 and 16. I guess there are some, but I would be interested in knowing who they were. Let's see a show of hands if you have a daughter between the ages of 6 & 16 and support allowing transgender males into her bathroom.

What about allowing a Jerry Sandusky type in with your son or grandson?

You all must lack common sense-- this legislation IS about protecting girls from Sexual predators-- this is the whole point. Under HB2, if a man walks into a women's locker room saying he feels like a woman today, he is arrested and should be. Under the Charlotte ordinance, he can do this if he feels like it, and will not be arrested because he can legally do this...

No, HB2 gives a man a pretext for doing what you described-all he has to do is claim to have been born with female sex organs. With that said, there still exist sexual assault and indecent exposure laws that were present regardless of HB2.

Last edited:

I assume you're raising your own hand. Everybody else wants transgender men to use to the men's bathroom.

Beachdeac, I'm not sure you understand what's going on here. HB2 mandates that someone born female has to go to a women's bathroom. If a dude walks into a women's bathroom and claims to have been born with a vagina, he's perfectly legal under HB2.

Now before HB2, people who looked like men used men's facilitates and people who looked like women used women's facilities. HB2 changed that.

But we'll get past some obvious things. I haven't been in a public bathroom in NC in a while. What's the procedure for checking penises and vaginas or at least birth certificates of everyone entering the bathroom?

No, HB2 gives a man a pretext for doing what you described-all he has to do is claim to have been born with female sex organs. With that said, there still exist sexual assault and indecent exposure laws that were present regardless of HB2.

Right. bkf and Beachdeac seem to be claiming that bathrooms and showers and such were places where anything goes before HB2.

What about allowing a Jerry Sandusky type in with your son or grandson?

That has nothing whatsoever to do with this situation. Do you have a daughter between the ages of 6 & 16?

I'm waiting for posters to raise their hands if they support allowing transgender males into the bathroom with their 6 to 16 year old daughter....because my suspicion is that 95% of the posters on this board who support this do not. That's why I said that talk is cheap. Many times people who are not directly affected in this manner support outrageous positions like this because it makes them feel morally superior, hip, chic and cool. And I think this is especially true in the case of millennials. Maybe I'm wrong. We can count up the number of people here who have daughters between 6 & 16 who approve of this idea and see.

That has nothing whatsoever to do with this situation. Do you have a daughter between the ages of 6 & 16?

I'm waiting for posters to raise their hands if they support allowing transgender males into the bathroom with their 6 to 16 year old daughter....because my suspicion is that 95% of the posters on this board who support this do not. That's why I said that talk is cheap. Many times people who are not directly affected in this manner support outrageous positions like this because it makes them feel morally superior, hip, chic and cool. And I think this is especially true in the case of millennials. Maybe I'm wrong. We can count up the number of people here who have daughters between 6 & 16 who approve of this idea and see.

No maybe about it. You're wrong.

BKF has no idea what the terms he is using means at all, otherwise he would realize that he is explaining the exact opposite of what he really wants.

BKF has experienced so much in his life there is a 100% chance he has stood in front of a full length mirror, tucked his dick, and said "hmmm I could be a woman"

BKF has no idea what the terms he is using means at all, otherwise he would realize that he is explaining the exact opposite of what he really wants.

Don't try to be a cute smart-ass. You can play with words to make yourself feel superior all you want, but my position is perfectly clear: Guys with dicks shouldn't be allowed in girls' bathrooms. I don't give a flying fuck whether that person feels like he is a female or not. If he has a dick, he is a male. And he is certainly a male to all the girls who are forced to be in that bathroom with him.

Do you have children? Or are you even married? You talk all this shit and feel like you are morally better than everyone who disagrees with you and you are not even in the fucking game.

Where are the posters here with 6 to 16 year old daughters who support having guys with dicks in their daughters' bathrooms? I asked that question earlier and so far not one such person has spoken up.

Last edited:
Hey stupid, that can still happen under HB2. Read Ph's post for an example

I have a 6 year old girl and am 100% in favor of repealing HB2.

Back