• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How low our image has gone... from a head coach no less

I think that is a pretty encouraging comment, actually.

Yep. "Make me the right offer, and I am yours." He is playing the game and putting it out there for Wellman to know what he is looking for. Don't come and offer him the opportunity to play in the ACC. He knows what comes with the position at Wake. The offer needs to lead with $$$.
Pay the man, and he will come. Now, can we/will we pay him enough?

Someone should start a Crowdtilt that only tilts if Gregg Marshall is hired, in which case the funds from the Crowdtilt would all be donated to the Deacon Club.

I am like 70% serious.

How about we just give you all the money and trust you to handle it? THAT WENT SO WELL LAST TIME.

Great deal of frustration, been a long four years...

Every time we have a coaching search the board gets whipped into a frenzy over 1 person. John Pelphrey, Anthony Grant, Pete Lembo, now Marshall. Everyone just chill the hell out and relax. Nothing being discussed right now has any bearing on our search, and any names are pure conjecture. There is no reason to have 2 different threads on this board bashing Russell Turner, who happened to play a part in some of our biggest successes in WFU history.

Marshall might want to come here, he probably doesnt. He probably doesnt for a lot of different reasons, some of which we may be able to control and some we probably can't. The Bzdelick hire was a disaster from the start, and the cover stories used to justify things were a disaster too. But the Clawson hire should have given everyone a little bit of comfort that maybe the Ath Dept has things back on track a little and understands the fury. You think Clawson has said everything in the PC that we have been wanting to hear because he came up with it on his own or because a few decently smart people in the Ath Dept said "you might want to think about these talking points"?

You guys have already deemed this coaching search a failure of epic proportions and we haven't even fired the existing coach yet.

Not going to read 12 pages on this, but this is probably the #1 reason he's not our coach right now. He's a prick. If he hadn't been a prick in the past, he might have made the jump to Wake.

To me the stupid part of his statement, is saying that Wake is not worthy of playing them. Yes, today is very true. But, assuming we crawl back out of the Bzz hole, someday we will and I hope Wellman, shoves that quote right back in his fact and says go ask dook or UNC to come out there.

Stupid on another level, as we, historically, have been more willing to play on the road. If Wichita St. ever plays a 'home' game against dook, it will be in Chicago.

I think what Marshall is implying is that he and Wichita State are a perfect fit. :jfk:

This board needs to calm the hell down

joker-the-joker-28092805-1920-1080.jpg

You guys have already deemed this coaching search a failure of epic proportions and we haven't even fired the existing coach yet.

Pretty sure the fact that we haven't fired the existing coach yet is a damn good reason why everyone thinks this search will be an epic failure.

Every time we have a coaching search the board gets whipped into a frenzy over 1 person. John Pelphrey, Anthony Grant, Pete Lembo, now Marshall. Everyone just chill the hell out and relax. Nothing being discussed right now has any bearing on our search, and any names are pure conjecture. There is no reason to have 2 different threads on this board bashing Russell Turner, who happened to play a part in some of our biggest successes in WFU history.

Marshall might want to come here, he probably doesnt. He probably doesnt for a lot of different reasons, some of which we may be able to control and some we probably can't. The Bzdelick hire was a disaster from the start, and the cover stories used to justify things were a disaster too. But the Clawson hire should have given everyone a little bit of comfort that maybe the Ath Dept has things back on track a little and understands the fury. You think Clawson has said everything in the PC that we have been wanting to hear because he came up with it on his own or because a few decently smart people in the Ath Dept said "you might want to think about these talking points"?

Then find something the fuck else to read or post about. It's a goddamned message board. You're acting like we think we're picking the next Fed Chairman or American Idol or Best Picture winner. To actually be serious- it's not that serious.

e56a3.gif%20

Not going to read 12 pages on this, but this is probably the #1 reason he's not our coach right now. He's a prick. If he hadn't been a prick in the past, he might have made the jump to Wake.

To me the stupid part of his statement, is saying that Wake is not worthy of playing them. Yes, today is very true. But, assuming we crawl back out of the Bzz hole, someday we will and I hope Wellman, shoves that quote right back in his fact and says go ask dook or UNC to come out there.

Stupid on another level, as we, historically, have been more willing to play on the road. If Wichita St. ever plays a 'home' game against dook, it will be in Chicago.
He was talking about Wake THIS YEAR. Wake isn't good enough this year to help their OOC schedule. I don't really see the problem with what he said.

Oh shit, I accidentally pos repped Tin Cup with "You are dumb."

That was supposed to be a neg reg, buddy!

here's the punchline to all this shouting: marshall gets a bigger raise from WSU, we get another [Redacted]

Do you buttheads realize that Marshall possibly isn't going to be available till April? I know you all say you're willing to wait for the right guy, but you'll bee acting like the ugliest girl in the whole high school waiting for the phone to ring, hoping it's going to be a dashing young man calling to ask you to the Enchantment Under the Sea dance. But I've got news for you. I ain't calling. Find yourself the next McFly and get on with your pathetic lives.

here's the punchline to all this shouting: marshall gets a bigger raise from WSU, we get another [Redacted]

Yeah, this. I have a feeling in a week or two, we'll all be here, typing the new coach's name, and asking "who?!?"

Back