• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How low our image has gone... from a head coach no less

And you would grovel to the devil. No self respecting wake grad would accept such a pompous idiot. Of course if not a grad, I understand your thinking.

You would rather have Bzz, who struggled to win 40 games in 4 years instead of Marshall, who could win close to 40 in one season. I'm not calling you an idiot, but....

And yes I am a self respecting Wake grad who would accept a pompous coach like Marshall.

I am even more of a Marshall fan than before. Do it, Ron. He didn't say anything we didn't already know, he just had the balls to say it to the press. Also didn't say he wouldn't coach at LOWF, just that he'd require big incentives to leave a good job. That's reasonable.

I think that is a pretty encouraging comment, actually.

Yep. Especially from an undefeated coach on March 7. Tells us what we already know. We will have to pay him in the $3.5M range.

Roy didn't give a shit about UNC until the time was right. Same here.

NewBern takes his cues about what a self-respecting Wake Forest Grad would/should do from a pompous windbag from Bowling Green.

Would you rather hire someone who, in an interview, says "I'm going to try hard but not ruffle any feathers" or sometime who says "I am the best fucking coach in America and we will win championships but I'm not cheap."

And you would grovel to the devil. No self respecting wake grad would accept such a pompous idiot. Of course if not a grad, I understand your thinking.

As long as he is OUR pompous idiiot and his team backs it up on the court, I would love it as a Wake grad.

#teamMarshall

We'd be crazy not to go aggressively after him, especially after those comments.

I am even more of a Marshall fan than before. Do it, Ron. He didn't say anything we didn't already know, he just had the balls to say it to the press. Also didn't say he wouldn't coach at LOWF, just that he'd require big incentives to leave a good job. That's reasonable.

Agreed. We need this guy. Of course, we won't get him and will be stuck with Chris fucking Mooney.

I despise this post with every fiber of my being. Let's not confuse honesty with pomposity. We have a cadre of Wake supporters that would rather be fed a line and delight in the ignorant splendor that our institution is holier than thine. It's why we have [Redacted] and why we may very well end up with [Redacted] 2.0 when this month is over.

If Wellman hires Marshall (or Shaka for that matter) deacon club membership will skyrocket. Donations will roll in. You hire any other donk and things will remain stagnant for quite a while.

I despise this post with every fiber of my being. Let's not confuse honesty with pomposity. We have a cadre of Wake supporters that would rather be fed a line and delight in the ignorant splendor that our institution is holier than thine. It's why we have [Redacted] and why we may very well end up with [Redacted] 2.0 when this month is over.

I can't imagine any group is more tolerant of mediocrity and failure justified by "class" than Wake fans. There just isn't the drive for excellence that one would expect among people who run athletic programs and diehard fans.

Honestly, Marshall is a shrewd dude and he just dared Wellman to bring it. He easily could have shot that question down by saying "I have no interest in Wake. I am happy at WSU." Instead, he called Wake out for not being good enough and then opened the door to go there if $ was right. Honestly, it makes me wonder if he has been already contacted in some form. By making that kind of public statement, he knows he can't take less than a big pay increase to come to Wake or he looks like a fool. It also puts Wake on notice that they are going to have to play major, big boy ball instead of trying to act like a mid-major. Pretty smart negotiation tool because it also makes Wake look like a shrinking violet, or just stupid, if they aren't willing to make a big play for Marshall.

If Wellman hires Marshall (or Shaka for that matter) deacon club membership will skyrocket. Donations will roll in. You hire any other donk and things will remain stagnant for quite a while.

This. Like wake20 said, it's an investment. You either put little down and get shitty returns, or put a shit-ton down and get bangin returns

Back