• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

HP's UNC-Cheat Thread - UNC comes out on top, NCAA penalized by UNC

Have the players that took the fake classes to maintain eligibility been declared ineligible, and every game they participated in forfeited?

Have the players that took the fake classes to maintain eligibility been declared ineligible, and every game they participated in forfeited?

That assumes two levels of causation yet to be established. Typically punishment occurs after conviction. And conviction occurs after the prosecutor proves it has jurisdiction.

Take it to IC. We're finally united, jhmd. I believe your work here is done.

Will any of the cheaters still be alive when the NCAA finally issues its decision?

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/unc-receives-3rd-notice-allegations-ncaa-case-44325329

Roy Boy says . .

"My reaction is, I'm tired of this junk," basketball coach Roy Williams said Wednesday night after his team's victory over Northern Iowa. "I've said everything I'm going to say. I felt all along that we have done the right thing, and whatever they do, they have to do."

He's tired of this junk. Poor baby. I feel so sorry for him and the team.

That's what I don't quite get. UNC admitted that THEIR standards weren't met and the classes were fake, yet they have not admitted some of the athletes were therefore ineligible. Why can't the NCAA make UNC do that assessment? Are we really going to pretend that those fake classes are legit because at the time we didn't know they weren't? If UNC wants to confer degrees on all the students who took them, that's their business. The NCAA still has standards.

That assumes two levels of causation yet to be established. Typically punishment occurs after conviction. And conviction occurs after the prosecutor proves it has jurisdiction.

You guys smell something?

Roy Boy says . .

"My reaction is, I'm tired of this junk," basketball coach Roy Williams said Wednesday night after his team's victory over Northern Iowa. "I've said everything I'm going to say. I felt all along that we have done the right thing, and whatever they do, they have to do."

He's tired of this junk. Poor baby. I feel so sorry for him and the team.

Poor ole Roy. It's such a bother to have to deal with rules and standards and accountability. Dean never had to do this stuff. Roy just doesn't get any respect.

Without seeing the supplemental documents that UNC had provided Sankey, the hearing panel elected to intervene in an unprecedented manner by requesting the enforcement staff to review “whether the potential violations in this case are alleged in a fashion to best decide this case,” and if any changes are necessary, to issue a second amended Notice of Allegations. The enforcement staff followed the COI’s orders and delivered a third notice of allegations to UNC, which the school released on Thursday.
---
Remarkable. Translation: "These allegations don't support the punishment we've decided to impose [before the findings and consideration of the evidence]. Go back and try harder, and no, I won't consider my own staff's opinion that we don't have the authority to do this."

If you wish to pile on UNC for tribal vengeance, I can't imagine how much fun this would be were the roles reversed, so I have no standing to contest your glee. Hate away. Have fun.

But if you look at the way they're doing it, it's impressively dishonest.

Merry Xmas y'all. NOA out. UNC is so fucked. Been six years. It's finally here. Mens BB and Football. As close to death penalty charges as you can get.

"Repeat offender"
Roy Williams mentioned by name. BAM. There goes the Holy Grail.

Without seeing the supplemental documents that UNC had provided Sankey, the hearing panel elected to intervene in an unprecedented manner by requesting the enforcement staff to review “whether the potential violations in this case are alleged in a fashion to best decide this case,” and if any changes are necessary, to issue a second amended Notice of Allegations. The enforcement staff followed the COI’s orders and delivered a third notice of allegations to UNC, which the school released on Thursday.
---
Remarkable. Translation: "These allegations don't support the punishment we've decided to impose [before the findings and consideration of the evidence]. Go back and try harder, and no, I won't consider my own staff's opinion that we don't have the authority to do this."

If you wish to pile on UNC for tribal vengeance, I can't imagine how much fun this would be were the roles reversed, so I have no standing to contest your glee. Hate away. Have fun.

But if you look at the way they're doing it, it's impressively dishonest.
LOL....delusional. I think they have the same issue I have. The classes were declared fraud by UNC but UNC has not followed through to remove them which would force players to be ineligible. That HAS to be the case. But the NCAA worded the allegations in a way that allowed Rick Evrard to nitpick around them...so now the NCAA is going to nitpick back to better get at the underlying problem. Tit for tat. UNC should have accepted the amended NOA.

You mean previous UNC players need to be "convicted" of having taken ineligible classes? I'm pretty sure you can just take a quick look at their transcripts. So now we are on step 2. You say the NCAA doesn't have jurisdiction to punish UNC for letting player's take fake classes. Does this mean that UNC doesn't admit those classes were fake, or that UNC doesn't wish to penalize those players and programs for knowingly taking fake classes? This would all be easier if UNC would just do the work themselves, but you seem content with letting them slap fight the NCAA...

Back