• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

If [Redacted] resigned, who could/would we hire?

Yes.....and that is not an "opinion", it's a a fact.....which is very easy to verify, if anyone is interested (which apparantly, they are not....holding onto their fantasies is preferable to them.)

I'm still not getting it. How much better than Skip was Tacy?

A. Not better.
B. Just a little better.
C. Much Better
D. I'm too old to understand sarcasm.

Would we? Am I missing something?...I personally would love to have him.

I honestly don't know. Is he the best fit for the program? Toss Bzz out of the equation. He has name power but is he the guy or just an upgrade? I'm not saying your wrong. Make your case.

bmorondeac tagger (assuming that is directed at me), out yourself for posrep.

gotta spread around the pos before i get you back, caturdouche (see what i did there).

Yes.....and that is not an "opinion", it's a a fact.....which is very easy to verify, if anyone is interested (which apparantly, they are not....holding onto their fantasies is preferable to them.)

And for EagleDeac.....for the million & oneth time....I do not "hate" Skip. I think he was a wonderful human being. Your problem, along with many on this board, is that you cannot separate Skip the person from Skip the coach.

ETA: Comparing Bob Knight's record with Skip's is just plain silly. In his first six years at Indiana, Knight took the Hoosiers to two Final Fours, won an NCAA Championship, and went 31-1 in a 3rd year, losing the regional final 92-90 to Kentucky when his best player had a broken arm.

Robert, excuses are like assholes.

Would we? Am I missing something?...I personally would love to have him.

No. Steve Alford looks good now thanks to the fact that he's at New Mexico, but if you look at his time at Iowa you see a completely different picture. At Iowa Alford was known for poor graduation rates, a high number of transfers, and for coddling players who had run-ins with the law (see Pierre Pierce). On top of that, Alford spent the last two or three years at Iowa trying to get other jobs (and not just the Indiana job) and by the end of the his tenure had quit recruiting altogether.

The more this whole situation develops, the more I believe that Ron Wellman is the biggest obstacle to us getting a good coach. You've got the (national, not local) public perception that Dino wasn't given a fair shot. You then add to that he tried to micromanage how Dino ran the program, which I'm sure has made its rounds in coaching circles. And then there's all of the pontificating about "culture" and whatnot, topped off with a stubborn refusal to see reality with regard to Bz. As many have pointed out, Wellman needs to be the smartest guy in the room. Why would anyone want to work for the guy?

Sure, he gets along well with Coach Grobe because Grobe is not a big ego guy. The problem with this is that Grobe is an anomaly in this regard. Wellman would never abide a guy like Gregg Marshall because it would be a clash of egos. We're talking about a 60+ year old man who goes tanning, for fuck's sake. Plus, Wake basketball >>> Wake football in stature - the bigger program should have the bigger name.

At this point I'm willing to accept Jeff [Redacted]'s presence at Wake Forest for however long it takes to make sure Wellman goes with him. I don't want Wellman to hire our next coach. I don't trust him to hire our next coach. Our program deserves better.

Agreed. Wellman's time has run its course. He's far too arrogant and stubborn to effectively lead.

Also, he goes tanning.

It'd be great if a group of people showed up at Manchester with pitchforks and flames a la Frankenstein

american-psycho-tanning-235x300.jpg

Back