• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

If we had hired Shaka smart 2 years ago...

JTT had completely bought into [Redacted]'s system. No player had changed as much as he did during his season at Wake. He was excited about his progress and playing for the coach. Blaming [Redacted] for JTT's is gibberish and inane.

We would have an energetic charasmatic young coach that would engage the fan base and have their support.

That may have been the case and if so it would have made an important difference over the BZ hire. However in terms of record or caliber of play this season, I seriously doubt that the change would have been substantial or perhaps would have been less productive. An enormous amount of patience has been required of our staff to bring this team even to where it is. This kind of patience probably comes easier to a veteran coach than to a younger one. Bottom line, unless he brought a different team with him we would still be in agony.

Shaka would have had a horrible record with our team and people would be screaming why didn't we hire X. It's total BS to think he would have won in the ACC with a lack of talent and that happened.

Many of the same people who are saying, "Why did we hire such and old?" would be saying, "Why did we hire someone with such little experience?".

Big difference between winning the ACC and having a horrible record. I don't think Shaka would have a good record, but I do think it would be better than [Redacted]'s. I also think 2011 recruiting would have been stronger which could have made a big difference.

Big difference between winning the ACC and having a horrible record. I don't think Shaka would have a good record, but I do think it would be better than [Redacted]'s. I also think 2011 recruiting would have been stronger which could have made a big difference.

It's damn near impossible for a coach to have a worse record than our current no-talent clown of a coach.

Recruiting doesn't happen in a vacuum. e might have gotten Sullivan (who didn't do much for Clemson) and maybe Tharpe or Larkin, but would have gotten Codi and Devin/Cav this year?

As of now Sullivan looks like a bust. The jury is still out on the others.

If our record was marginally better, the yahoos would be saying "Why did we hire someone with no experience?"

If you want to be honest you know this would be true.

JTT had completely bought into [Redacted]'s system. No player had changed as much as he did during his season at Wake. He was excited about his progress and playing for the coach. Blaming [Redacted] for JTT's is gibberish and inane.

My understanding is that JTT wasn't kicked off the team. He chose to leave. If he was completely down with the Bzz and had brought completely into the system, why did he leave?

He left because his family didn't want to be around the bad influences in NC that would make it easy to relapse.

He left because his family didn't want to be around the bad influences in NC that would make it easy to relapse.

Keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better.

Recruiting doesn't happen in a vacuum. e might have gotten Sullivan (who didn't do much for Clemson) and maybe Tharpe or Larkin, but would have gotten Codi and Devin/Cav this year?

As of now Sullivan looks like a bust. The jury is still out on the others.

If our record was marginally better, the yahoos would be saying "Why did we hire someone with no experience?"

If you want to be honest you know this would be true.

If we won 17 games this year, had 2-3 4 star freshmen returning and had 3-4 4 star commits coming in then yes I think people would be pretty excited about Shaka.

As I initially said, I think that we would have been pretty pissed off with the hire, but Shaka would change our minds. Last year still would have been tough but he would have gotten more than 8 wins and would have had fewer big blowouts. I am convinced of that.

Ibleed think of it this way, he went to a school whose basketball program is in much worse shape than ours and is playing for a coach whop walks the ball up the court.

He certainly didn't go there to be in a better basketball position.

Ibleed think of it this way, he went to a school whose basketball program is in much worse shape than ours and is playing for a coach whop walks the ball up the court.

He certainly didn't go there to be in a better basketball position.

Just because it USC is a shitty basketball situation doesn't mean that Wake Forest wasn't an even shittier one for JTT.

I am not trying to blame anything on anyone; the whole thing just smells fishy.

His family wanted him away from possible bad influences, so they pulled him out of Winston-Salem, NC and sent him to the University of Southern California.

Seriously? That's the argument?

If we won 17 games this year, had 2-3 4 star freshmen returning and had 3-4 4 star commits coming in then yes I think people would be pretty excited about Shaka.

As I initially said, I think that we would have been pretty pissed off with the hire, but Shaka would change our minds. Last year still would have been tough but he would have gotten more than 8 wins and would have had fewer big blowouts. I am convinced of that.

You are convinced because of your position on [Redacted].

It's dreaming to think we would have gotten a great recruiting class in 2011. The only two bigs we were in decent shape with were Sullivan(a bust) and Lekan (hmmm). I know you'd like to change history, but that's the reality.

To win 17 games this year, every single thing would have had to break our way. It just wouldn't have happened.

If we had won 10 st yr and 15 this year, Shaka would be getting killed by this board. He wouldn't have had a Final Four to lean on or any other good will.

Yes! Being in LA will assure that he isn't surrounded by people with substance abuse problems. Fucking brilliant maneuver, that!

Shaka would have convinced many Wake Forest fans that he was "the guy" in his first press conference. The guy makes you trust him with his enthusiasm, intelligence and charm.

His family wanted him away from possible bad influences, so they pulled him out of Winston-Salem, NC and sent him to the University of Southern California.

Seriously? That's the argument?

Watts is a great place to find some positive male role-models to help him out.

Just an FYI, VCU is in the round of 32 with Reddick 3*, Brandenberg 2*, Theus NR, Daniels NR, Burgess NR.

You are convinced because of your position on [Redacted].

It's dreaming to think we would have gotten a great recruiting class in 2011. The only two bigs we were in decent shape with were Sullivan(a bust) and Lekan (hmmm). I know you'd like to change history, but that's the reality.

To win 17 games this year, every single thing would have had to break our way. It just wouldn't have happened.

If we had won 10 st yr and 15 this year, Shaka would be getting killed by this board. He wouldn't have had a Final Four to lean on or any other good will.

Oh please, you have said we would have gotten to 18 wins with just a little more depth. Shaka would have gotten us a little more depth.

Back