• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Inspired by Numbers - Greatest college players I ever saw

Ralph Sampson was the best college player I ever watched in person. He simply dominated games. But the best college player hands down was David Thompson. You can't have a top 10 list without David Thompson.

That is absolutely right! You had to see him to understand how good he was. An amazing talent who could jump out of the gym. It is ridiculous that he was not allowed to dunk in college.

[/B]

That is absolutely right! You had to see him to understand how good he was. An amazing talent who could jump out of the gym. It is ridiculous that he was not allowed to dunk in college.

Sampson could dunk in college - that rule was rescinded in 1976.
Were you referring to Thompson?

My bad. I don't recall Mike, just Kevin and his younger brother, Mitch. One of most memorable plays I have seen was when Lee played Woodstock in 1985. Billed as a match-up between Kevin and Walker Lambiotte (who started his career at NCSU before transferring to Northwestern). The first shot Lambiotte attempted Kevin came from the side and swatted it away. Message sent, tone set. Lambiotte did virtually nothing the rest of the game.

Yes, Kevin was 3 years behind, but I said Mike, his older brother, in my post. Mike was the same age as Ralph. Both Mike and Kevin went to UNC. Kevin was the better player.

Now that I'm thinking about it, Mike may have transferred due to lack of PT.

Back