• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Is Duncan top 5 player of all time?

I let you put in Rodman. that's clearly a third star.

It's laughable that you don't think the Celtics would get out of the first round of any playoffs.

Well the Celtics played the Bulls in the first year of the playoffs two years in a row. Jordan was the common link on those teams. I pointed out that Pippen and Horace Grant would be huge upgrades at their positions as compared to the 86 Bulls. I also pointed out that Jordan was better in 91 than he was in 86.

Given the actual playoff games the 86 and 87 Bulls played against the 86 and 87 Celtics, plus the very clear upgrades the 91 Bulls had over those two teams (even without Rodman) I think the Bulls could win that series.

You're the only person who has brought up the 89 Celtics. They aren't in the discussion.

Do you know what the word "any" means?

Any of the teams I mentioned not any team. I didn't mention the 89 Celtics.

Next thing you'll be saying the Bulls are better than the 9-73 Sixers and you extrapolate that I said they weren't.

Back to Duncan, my position remains if you pick by specific position - PG, SG, PF, SF, C - he's first team. I don't think he's top 5 overall, but he'd be close.

A couple of guys that are very often forgotten these days are Elvin Hayes and Nate Thurmond.

LOL, the discussion is supposed to be about Duncan.

To be fair it did only take 240 posts until RJ parroted the general consensus of the first ten posts of this thread.

To be fair it did only take 240 posts until RJ parroted the general consensus of the first ten posts of this thread.

Wrong again:

"#161
Tim Duncan

RJKarl's Avatar Join Date
Mar 2011
If you position by position- PG, SG, C,, PF, SF, Duncan is first team. If you about the Top 5 players regardless of position, he isn't."

It's the first post I made on this thread..not at 240.

Wrong again:

"#161
Tim Duncan

RJKarl's Avatar Join Date
Mar 2011
If you position by position- PG, SG, C,, PF, SF, Duncan is first team. If you about the Top 5 players regardless of position, he isn't."

It's the first post I made on this thread..not at 240.

My apologies. I didn't see that one. Still just parroted the general consensus of the thread 160 posts later.

Do you know what the phrase "any playoffs" means?

I'm going to use YOUR phrase...you can't possibly be this dense!

Why would I be talking about playoffs that the teams I SPECIFICALLY mentioned weren't a part of. I have never spoken of the 89 Celtics and never would. They aren't close to being as good as the CHAMPION Celtics.

Hell, the 89 Celtics finished finished THIRD in their division, it's totally irrational to think they would be included in a discussion of the greatest teams of all time.

I let you put in Rodman. that's clearly a third star.

It's laughable that you don't think the Celtics would get out of the first round of any playoffs.

Why would I be talking about playoffs that the teams I SPECIFICALLY mentioned weren't a part of. I have never spoken of the 89 Celtics and never would. They aren't close to being as good as the CHAMPION Celtics.

Hell, the 89 Celtics finished finished THIRD in their division, it's totally irrational to think they would be included in a discussion of the greatest teams of all time.

Oh I know what you meant. It just had no relation to what you said. I gave you a reasoned explanation as to why I thought the 91 Bulls could beat the 86 Celtics. I based it off games that were actually played and upgrades that were actually made.

You're argument is that you disagree. Per usual.

Almost as irrational as calling one of the greatest teams of all time the most overrated team ever.

Oh I know what you meant. It just had no relation to what you said. I gave you a reasoned explanation as to why I thought the 91 Bulls could beat the 86 Celtics. I based it off games that were actually played and upgrades that were actually made.

You're argument is that you disagree. Per usual.

Why would you bring up a team that I had NEVER mentioned?

This is 100% on you. But I won't hold my breath that you'll admit you are wrong. AGAIN.....

Back