• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Israel Attacked and its Response

Israel just blew up the 3rd oldest church in the world - Christian Church of Saint Porphyrius. Completely leveled with 400 sheltering inside.

Let me guess? The church blew itself up? Or it was the Vietcong?

file:///var/mobile/Library/SMS/Attachments/33/03/8C0865EF-433F-4498-9DE3-28F2950B4E09/IMG_5461.heic
This is terrible!!!! I've been following them. They were sheltering many families both Christian and Muslim.

I don’t yet believe that story about the church being bombed is accurate based on the sources I follow. At least not to that degree of devastation.

Boomers and the internet

Quite the dilemma. It's a church and religion is bad, so it's good to destroy it. But, there were people inside seeking refuge so that's murder. But they were religious and religion is bad.

It actually look like there was a targeted strike by the church after the internet claimed the church was targeted and blown up last week, but haven’t seen a reputable news source whatever that may be these days.

I'd think any "protests don't work" logic would have to contend with the Civil Rights Movement but maybe not !

seems like the media focus on Biden's trip and the hospital whodunit has swallowed up any room to report on what is currently happening on the ground in Gaza

I'd think any "protests don't work" logic would have to contend with the Civil Rights Movement but maybe not !
My thesis is that the nationwide riots following MLK Jrs death were necessary for the 68 Civil Rights act to finally be passed. The passage of the voting rights act of 1965 seemed to stymie the progress of the Black Civil Rights movement, with Lyndon Johnson losing the political will to help push the movement any further for fear of turning white conservatives completely against him.

It actually look like there was a targeted strike by the church after the internet claimed the church was targeted and blown up last week, but haven’t seen a reputable news source whatever that may be these days.
Everybody should just wait until the sun rises and deltas what we know before we jump to conclusions.

Back