• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

March Madness Thread

In one of the Thursday games a team wanted to intentionally foul the other team to stop the clock with under 2 seconds left.

Before the ball was even inbounded one of the defenders hacked another player and a foul was called. The ball wasn't even in play and was nowhere near them. Normal foul called. No flagrant 1. No play on the ball. Pushed him 10 times harder than that Seton Hall nonsense.

Happens all the time.

But you can certainly make it look better than that one and you have to make a play for the ball. That is what they have video now in these situations for. They can and are upgrading all kinds of fouls. It is not just for elbows above the shoulder for F1 & F2 type stuff. NCAA supervisor is speaking now and giving the rule--2 hands to the back & making no play for the ball is an F1 foul. With or without the trip & fall, it was an F1 foul. So you guys need to learn the rules! period

So it's based on how well the player guilty of the foul play acts? Cool. Sounds like a great way to determine the outcomes of games.

There are two issues:

1. Most of the time these fouls aren't called flagrants
2. People don't want these fouls to be called flagrants because it's a one point game with 20 seconds left. So to the extent that problem 1 is the issue, people would prefer to resolve this problem by avoiding the flagrant call.

Refs know this and that's why the call in the game today was absurd.

I'm sure bkf will be here shortly to tell us what a great call that was.

Just got here, but yes, it was a great call....and an easy one to make. The stupid-ass mother-fucker shoved the guy in the back as hard as he could without making any play on the ball at all. Easy call for the referee to make. Totally dumb-ass play by the Seton Hall player.

If he had just grabbed the guy's arm the call would have been different. It even looked like he was trying to injure the other player. When you shove a guy in the back with both hands like that and send him flying to the floor a player could get hurt. It was completely uncalled for and deserved the penalty it incurred.

Seton Hall shouldn't have such stupid players.

Last edited:
Just got here, but yes, it was a great call. The stupid-ass mother-fucker shoved the guy in the back as hard as he could without making any play on the ball at all. Easy call for the referee to make. Totally dumb-ass play by the Seton Hall player.

You are totally blind. He barely touched the guy. It was a terrible, terrible call. It was especially bad to make at that time in the game.

Just got here, but yes, it was a great call. The stupid-ass mother-fucker shoved the guy in the back as hard as he could without making any play on the ball at all. Easy call for the referee to make. Totally dumb-ass play by the Seton Hall player.

This is color commentary I can get behind!

:plos:

Great call! No play on the ball and it was totally from behind. Several years ago it would have been an intentional foul. Now it is called an F1. Just like Crawford's foul when he grabbed the foot of the KState player. That is an F1 all day long by rule.
CRAWFORD WAS GOING FOR THE BALL!

You are totally blind. He barely touched the guy. It was a terrible, terrible call. It was especially bad to make at that time in the game.

Barely touched the guy my ass. You must be the one who is blind. He shoved the guy in the small of his back with both hands....and he didn't just touch him, he followed thru hard with the shove as the guy left his feet and went flying.

bkf did you agree with the Crawford F1 call at the end of our game?

bkf did you agree with the Crawford F1 call at the end of our game?

I didn't see it. Wasn't watching the game when it happened. I only watched bits & pieces of that game...if this happened in the K-State game. I was watching a movie and just occasionally checked the game to see what the score was. If you can put up a YouTube video of it I will tell you what I think about it.

The sexy pick to go deep, SMU, in a tight one vs. USC.

I didn't see it. Wasn't watching the game when it happened. I only watched bits & pieces of that game...if this happened in the K-State game. I was watching a movie and just occasionally checked the game to see what the score was. If you can put up a YouTube video of it I will tell you what I think about it.
Huge surprise there

25b0c050f699d792855d850abaed8bd6.jpg

Huge surprise there

25b0c050f699d792855d850abaed8bd6.jpg

I haven't given a damn about WF basketball since July 15, 1985. Followed it day & night for 28 years before then, though. Enough to be a double-scholarship sponsor at $5,000/year in the 1970s. (About $23,000/year in today's dollars)

My 11 & 13-year old grandchildren both say they want to go to Carolina....and if I had known that WF was going to become such a snob school that it is today, I think I would have probably made a different choice. That $60K/year price really changes the kind of people you attract, evidently.

Last edited:
I haven't given a damn about WF basketball since July 15, 1985. Followed it day & night for 28 years before then, though. Enough to be a double-scholarship sponsor at $5,000/year in the 1970s. (About $23,000/year in today's dollars)

Yet here you are on a Wake Sports board lol. You sir are extremely strange

there's a pretty decent bracket buster

Back