• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

March Madness Thread

What a horrid damn call against Seton Hall. Wow. Worse than ours against Kansas State.

Great call! No play on the ball and it was totally from behind. Several years ago it would have been an intentional foul. Now it is called an F1. Just like Crawford's foul when he grabbed the foot of the KState player. That is an F1 all day long by rule.

Yep. Hate referees. That's seriously awful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sure bkf will be here shortly to tell us what a great call that was.

Great call! No play on the ball and it was totally from behind. Several years ago it would have been an intentional foul. Now it is called an F1. Just like Crawford's foul when he grabbed the foot of the KState player. That is an F1 all day long by rule.

hey bro, just a quick reminder that you're a goober

Stupid refs. The Butt Pirates loss is the first for my bracket. I've fallen to 18-1.

This is a terrible call at the end of the Arkansas

Didn't flop--got pushed from the side and no play on the ball. That is an intentional foul or now an F1. Plus SH walked before that so they gave up the lead on a steal then a turnover. Give the blame to Seton Hall!

The previous possession has nothing to do with whether or not the next call was correct or not. Solid rationalization though.

he was reaching for the ball you boob

This is a terrible call at the end of the Arkansas

Didn't flop--got pushed from the side and no play on the ball. That is an intentional foul or now an F1. Plus SH walked before that so they gave up the lead on a steal then a turnover. Give the blame to Seton Hall!

You realize that 90+% of fouls at the end of a game involve no play on the ball, right? Every single end of game foul is intentional in that situation.

Every single foul in the last minute of games when you're fouling intentionally is an intentional foul. You aren't going for the ball. Give me a break.

You realize that 90+% of fouls at the end of a game involve no play on the ball, right? Every single end of game foul is intentional in that situation.

I love that rationalization, didn't make a play on the ball. When that kid incorrectly intentionally fouled yesterday for Vandy, he wrapped up the ball handlers hips , from behind. Wasn't called flagrant 1. He never made a play on the ball.

The dude fell over like he'd been shot. Maybe not a flop but he definitely oversold the little contact there was. Stupid for the official to make that call, but typical. I do appreciate TheReff's posts as they continue to give insight as to why refereeing in general is so terrible.

hey bro, just a quick reminder that you're a goober

No problem! You have an opinion, but that is a rule. Go learn them or better yet go out on a basketball floor and try to call a game. So in your opinion the walk the SH player did right before that should not have been called I guess? Just let them play at the end of the game and disregard any rules. But by rule, that is NOT a common foul same as Crawford's end of game play. Grabbing a player by the ankle is not a play on the ball. You would call that intentional in the first half so you call it intentional in the second half. Same in SH/Ark game. Push from the side/behind and he falls down--sorry but that is intentional and is now being upgraded with video replay. That is what they are supposed to do!

What a moronic discussion.

Someone needs to put together a montage of all the intentional fouls in the last minute or so of games. About 80% would be technicals if called like that one was.

Why isn't that foul called when a team intentionally fouls to claw back into the game after a missed shot? No play on the ball there, either.

Every single foul in the last minute of games when you're fouling intentionally is an intentional foul. You aren't going for the ball. Give me a break.

But you can certainly make it look better than that one and you have to make a play for the ball. That is what they have video now in these situations for. They can and are upgrading all kinds of fouls. It is not just for elbows above the shoulder for F1 & F2 type stuff. NCAA supervisor is speaking now and giving the rule--2 hands to the back & making no play for the ball is an F1 foul. With or without the trip & fall, it was an F1 foul. So you guys need to learn the rules! period

Back