• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 32: ACCT Time -- #13 BC v. #5 WF: Wednesday - 2:30 pm - ESPN

well when you do out perform the past 10 years that does not mean you have a great team. We have a decent team and we finished 5th in a decent (not good ) conference. Forbes created this team and we certainly out performed expectations. Good foundation and got some nice recognition. Road games killed us but we also won more road games than in the past. We need a strong point guard.

this. i know my expectations went insane. it can't happen over night. was hoping it would.

Our starters made 2 threes all game and shot under 60% from the line. That's why we lost.

If we do sneak into the tourney they'll be eating peanut butter and jelly sandwiches the night before...

Put some banana in the sandwich so our players won’t cramp.

Fwiw, ESPN bubble watch thinks we still get in. Updated post loss. We were definitely in with a win I think. Now we have to avoid bid thieves and just pull against all other bubble teams.

Or pay no attention to it because who gives a fuck about sneaking into Dayton? Seemingly not our players.

When does football season start?

The bid thieves are coming..

I think the most disappointing thing about this season is that the team very clearly got worse in February and March AGAIN.

Shah taking the team out to Peter Luger last night and ManMan cramping up is the most Wake Forest thing ever

As disappointed as we all are, we should not let this loss define what I believe is a season that has turned around our Program. Let’s hope we get a bid on Sunday and put together a few post season wins and look back to this being just a bad day.
Go Deacs.

Y’all need to chill out! We made it to Wednesday in the ACCT for the first time since… I honestly don’t know. Does anyone know?

This team was never as good as we hoped they would be. We would be looking at this team very differently if we had come off five winning seasons rather than five (ten) years of fucking garbage.

Definitely. Been in the desert so long any drop of water looks like an oasis. I’ll admit that I got way more sucked in this year than I would’ve been for the same team/same league positioning 10-15 years ago.

Shah taking the team out to Peter Luger last night and ManMan cramping up is the most Wake Forest thing ever

I’m mid40s but if I go eat a big meal at Peter Luger’s, it effects me the next day. It’s hard to remember whether it would when I was 20.

On the psychological side, Peter Luger’s seems like a treat for doing well in the tournament, not a way to kick it off.

Bad optics, bad choice, I don’t care how much money he has given the program, never again.

I’m mid40s but if I go eat a big meal at Peter Luger’s, it effects me the next day. It’s hard to remember whether it would when I was 20.

On the psychological side, Peter Luger’s seems like a treat for doing well in the tournament, not a way to kick it off.

Agree, but I guess when our second biggest donor says we’re having a team dinner at a fancy steakhouse, then…yea, that’s pretty much what happens.

Yeah, whatever happened to our Burger King All-Americans? Talk so much about identity and throw it away with a steak dinner and a corny ass "DESTINY" video.

Well said.

I like how Peter Luger has become Le Bernadin in this thread. It is like if the team went to Ryan's in W-S.

Though this is now a board meme, for sure.

Back