• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Men's Golf

A bit of the shine is definitely going to be gone from this title for Oregon.

Were the Warriors spotted 1/3 of the total points needed to win?

+1

Huge difference in being able to replace injuried players with other players (not as good, but not scrubs either) as opposed to having to forfeit a match and a whole point, when you've got 5 or 6 other guys on the team that could've played the match.

I fully acknowledge that I'm in the wrong now.... God damn it....

The proper solution was to have the match declared halved and award a half point to each team, Ryder Cup style.

The proper solution was to have the match declared halved and award a half point to each team, Ryder Cup style.

Could get a little iffy there... Texas probably would have taken half a point against Wise yesterday before going in, wouldn't they?

I guess the coaches could've tee'd it up to break the tie, big advantage to Oregon there I would imagine since Casey is still good enough to have qualified for the open a few years ago.

Could get a little iffy there... Texas probably would have taken half a point against Wise yesterday before going in, wouldn't they?

You do it blind with each putting a name in an envelope in case of an injury.

What do you do if the other matches are split 2-2?

You put a tie breaker in place. Either send out all 4 golfers and count all balls against the other team (which is what the tiebreaker used to be when the final was all stroke play), or each coach sends out one golfer for sudden death match play.

You put a tie breaker in place. Either send out all 4 golfers and count all balls against the other team (which is what the tiebreaker used to be when the final was all stroke play), or each coach sends out one golfer for sudden death match play.

Unless it is getting dark, in which case you call it a tie in the interest of sportsmanship.

In US Open qualifier at the Olympic Club in California I see that Zalatoris shot 69-68 to finish 5 under or just 1 stroke out of qualifying. Great finish as he was competing with 100 Players for 6 Spots.

Playing well at the Duke tournament today. Looks like one of the freshman can play--six birdies on his second round.

Back