• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Moto Transferring

Considering mebane is a pastor, I think your post is a bit offbase. It's part of his daily life's job.

Moto... anagram for Moot... mind blown...

I think mebane misinterpreted KidA's post. KidA listed a ton of rational possibilities surrounding the Moto transfer for reasons he could have left that didn't involve Moto/the team liking Bz. He didn't imply that all of them are right or he knew exactly what happened.

Categorically stating the team liked Bz more than we originally thought (due to Moto transferring) is a much more omniscient viewpoint, yeah? Or at least that is how I read it.

What do you think it means?

I believe the dictionary. Your posts on this thread remind me of something about glass houses and throwing stones, though, too. You probably know the quotation. Biblical stuff...

FckVwls said it better:

I think mebane misinterpreted KidA's post. KidA listed a ton of rational possibilities surrounding the Moto transfer for reasons he could have left that didn't involve Moto/the team liking Bz. He didn't imply that all of them are right or he knew exactly what happened.

Categorically stating the team liked Bz more than we originally thought (due to Moto transferring) is a much more omniscient viewpoint, yeah? Or at least that is how I read it.

In regards to your original post (and while you have the dictionary open) - you should look up the differences between correlation and causation.

Ever get on the board and see a thread with big news that is already 13 pages long and speculate how far into it before the name calling, stupid posts and derailment begins? I don't. It usually only take five pages and this thread delivered.

Anyway, I hope he lands in a good place. I think it's a bad decision on his part because Manning is a great big man coach. But he had his reasons, so good luck to him.

I really don't care what the players think about our former coach--he is our "former" coach. What matters is how they respond to our current coach. However, I find it difficult to believe that they hated him as we were told repeatedly. I believe the team respected the former staff. At least I never saw anything to suggest otherwise.

As to Moto and his reason for leaving, I doubt that it had to do with the former staff so much as other factors related to his future playing time and position at WF. But that is conjecture.

My point was that there is little evidence that the players were as opposed to the former staff as the fans have been. Nonetheless, if they value winning I suspect they are favorable toward the coaching change.

Ever get on the board and see a thread with big news that is already 13 pages long and speculate how far into it before the name calling, stupid posts and derailment begins? I don't. It usually only take five pages and this thread delivered.

Anyway, I hope he lands in a good place. I think it's a bad decision on his part because Manning is a great big man coach. But he had his reasons, so good luck to him.

Poor manning. Between this and haas. Work cut out and all that.

Fuck you Jeff [Redacted]

My point was that there is little evidence that the players were as opposed to the former staff as the fans have been. Nonetheless, if they value winning I suspect they are favorable toward the coaching change.

You do realize the duplicitous nature of this post right? You can't value winning and not have at least some problems with [Redacted]. Wake lost and lost in a big way for these players entire college career. Obviously the players were not as vicious in their dislike for [Redacted] as the fans are/were but that doesn't mean they didn't want him gone (collectively).

It was obvious the players were trained on how to talk to the media, but the evidence I look for in a player is on the court. They rarely ever dug deep for the staff and the results show. The few big wins we had were win everything was going right for us. Not once did I see out players win a game in which they had to battle for 40 minutes. Not once.

They team didn't believe on [Redacted]. If they did, we would have won more than 2 road games in 4 years.

Being "more comfortable with" the previous staff does not necessarily mean that the players like them. For the final time, the players did not like our former HC (except for DGreen). Their opinions varied, but he was not liked. However, he was all they knew. They learned some things from him. Among those things were that if you were a marginally good player who was recruited by that coach and threatened to transfer if things didnt go the way you liked, then you pretty much got what you wanted.

There is a new sheriff in town. When a rising junior goes in to the new HC and says that he wants to play one position and not another, and if he cant play where he wants to play then he will transfer, then the new HC says, "fine, good luck to you."

In this case, it means that we are much better off with our basketball program than we were few months ago. Things are moving in the right direction.

Being "more comfortable with" the previous staff does not necessarily mean that the players like them. For the final time, the players did not like our former HC (except for DGreen). Their opinions varied, but he was not liked. However, he was all they knew. They learned some things from him. Among those things were that if you were a marginally good player who was recruited by that coach and threatened to transfer if things didnt go the way you liked, then you pretty much got what you wanted.

There is a new sheriff in town. When a rising junior goes in to the new HC and says that he wants to play one position and not another, and if he cant play where he wants to play then he will transfer, then the new HC says, "fine, good luck to you."

In this case, it means that we are much better off with our basketball program than we were few months ago. Things are moving in the right direction.

attn: mebane "the omniscient" deac

You never beg players to stay. If a kid comes and threatens it is already too late. Better to send them packing and maintain your credibility with the rest of the team.

You never beg players to stay. If a kid comes and threatens it is already too late. Better to send them packing and maintain your credibility with the rest of the team.

They begged Travis McKie to stay & look what it did for us & him. He set the Wake Forest record for most starts in a career and in the Top 10 ACC alltime.

Back