• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

National Signing Day Thread 2/6

From what I've heard there is nothing going on with us and Grayson. He hasn't even been mentioned to me. Not to say he isn't still in play, but I've heard nothing.

BCbZvunCAAEHB2w.jpg

Dunn signs with Wake

Mack was a total disappointment. I believe he had an offer from Miami. Didn't make plays. Wonder if he is going to try and play somewhere else for his last year of eligibility. Even though he was a disappointment, has to be disconcerting to the staff to lose a Rs. Senior starter. Totally goes against Grobe's philosophy of redshirting players. I would imagine Lowe (if he comes back)and Gibson would play alot with Marshall. Rucker never did anything so hopefully he can graduate and be successful in life.

I think the writing was on the wall for Mack. I think Ryan Janvion was slated to take the spot.

From what I've heard there is nothing going on with us and Grayson. He hasn't even been mentioned to me. Not to say he isn't still in play, but I've heard nothing.

Odd that he was down to us and State merely a month ago. I wonder who he has gotten in with since then? I know he was very interested in Virginia Tech about a year ago and he has family in SC.

Odd that he was down to us and State merely a month ago. I wonder who he has gotten in with since then? I know he was very interested in Virginia Tech about a year ago and he has family in SC.

I think there are some academic concerns.

I don't own a single t-shirt that says WF Academics...get this kid on the field!

So how do we turn around Wake recruiting-- This is about the best it seems like we can do under Grobe, so when he retires can it actually get worse or could a young up & comer do better?

So how do we turn around Wake recruiting-- This is about the best it seems like we can do under Grobe, so when he retires can it actually get worse or could a young up & comer do better?

The truth is it couldn't get much worse. Check out schools like Tulsa, Rice, ECU SMU... We're not exactly all that different. Based on our membership to the ACC alone, you can expect us to at least maintain status quo when it comes to recruiting.

So, no, I don't think we risk falling off into oblivion by turning the ship over to someone else. There's something to be gained, though, and I'm on board with taking that jump.

I am afraid that to do better, it will start with performing better, which in a small way may mean deciding whether we want to make a deal with the devil regarding recruiting. See: Grayson this year and the Alabama CB Vason last year. I bet some programs would have taken them anyway. Do we want to do that? It could help establish a base of improved performance which could then attract higher ranked recruits, but do we really want to be Miami? I don't have the answer, and I think we have to keep our academic standards at a certain level, but it is an issue.

I am afraid that to do better, it will start with performing better, which in a small way may mean deciding whether we want to make a deal with the devil regarding recruiting. See: Grayson this year and the Alabama CB Vason last year. I bet some programs would have taken them anyway. Do we want to do that? It could help establish a base of improved performance which could then attract higher ranked recruits, but do we really want to be Miami? I don't have the answer, and I think we have to keep our academic standards at a certain level, but it is an issue.

It would take a lot more than Grayson and Vason for WFU to become Miami as it relates to academics for student-athletes.

Nobody is saying we need to pay players, but it is not like I take any solace after blowout losses in our players having better SAT scores than the other team. If they qualify and the staff thinks they can stay eligible then we should give them a chance.

Back