• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NBA Off-season thread: Duncan and Garnett retire

At least CJ is nice.

I suspect the teams that are building young that are gonna work out well are the ones not even close to competing at this point, e.g., Bucks and Sixers.

Yep. It would be different if the 76ers were actually trying to win last season but the tank was on.

They were tanking. Sure. But the players on the roster weren't trying to lose.

Townie, what did you think of Hinkie's dismissal? You weren't posting then if I remember correctly.

Apt conversation topic for pg 76, I guess.

I was (still am) a Hinkie true believer. I trusted the process. If this team has any success in the next few years it'll be 100% due to Sam Hinkie. Dude took a heaping pile of shit and turned it into a heaping pile of potential with a crazy long way to go before they hit the salary floor.

But if he wasn't able to work with lower level staff and was a [Redacted] level donk personality wise that was really tough to be around, I get why that plus his "smartest guy in the room" mentality was toxic in the front office. His goodbye letter was absolutely ridiculous, but I don't think he ever thought it would leak.

Of course, everything hinges on how good Embiid is. I figure the reason Okafor hasn't been dealt yet is he was always picked as a hedge against Embiid never getting healthy. If Simmons can be an elite point forward and Embiid is even close to as good as his potential, which is higher than just about anybody I can think of, the team will be 15-20 wins better this year and a playoff team next year. You just need guards/wings, and the draft next year should be pretty nice for that.

Not that I'll ever live this part down, but I should also add that I'm super jazzed for Ish, who now has veteran status and gets that NBA pension. Great, great dude, and I'm really happy he got paid. He made the Sixers so much more fun to watch.

he had one bad season but still has a better career % than Dell Curry, Hornacek, Price, Ray Allen, Peja and Glen Rice.

But if he's not on, he's an offensive liability and they have no backcourt scoring.

Shrewd move not trusting the 26th best 3PT shooter of all time to hit shots at 29 years old.

between green and mills both having a down year shooting it put a lot of pressure on leonard to hit 3s. he delivered and manu stepped up but they were one of the worst 3 % teams in the league. that needs to improve. not saying their guys can't/won't return to form. just that they need to if they want to stay competitive. losing duncan is huge on defense.

Back