• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NCAA golf regional

Haas bought himself a few more years with these recruits he has coming in. In my mind, at the very least, he has to win the ACC within the next three years to keep his job - something we haven't done in 25 years.

I'd rather we make the NCAA finals a couple times than win the conference title.

Could have but apparently didn't? But if one pushes a big drive into the trees/pond/lake, gets frustrated, it can lead to an opening 10 in a big tournament. Point is a man don't never know when he might have a bad hole or so & screw up a round, any golfer at any time no matter how good. Even Phil Mickelson on the 18th at the US Open a few years back...Tiger Woods hitting a flag stick at the Masters & taking an incorrect drop last year.

It was a 3 iron. :)

Did I hear this quote right from the PGA telecast today: Brendan Todd became the 5th UGA player to win on tour this season? If so, that's quite an accomplishment and even more so for the state of Georgia when you add in GT and Augusta State's programs.

Henley
English
Todd
Nubby
Kirk

Heck, Patrick Reed spent a year there before transferring to Augusta State.

He still didn't make the cut when I put him on my Masters team, a condition that he shared with the rest of my picks.

Brendon Todd grew up playing at Prestonwood CC in Cary and went to Green Hope HS - love to see a local boy make good.

I know at least one other Green Hope boy who went to UGA and talked to his parents a bit. They apparently do an amazing job recruiting and must have some super facilities. Green Hope has a strong program and has sent players to several other major programs... I don't believe we have had any success there - though we have obviously pulled some great players out of Raleigh.

Brendon Todd grew up playing at Prestonwood CC in Cary and went to Green Hope HS - love to see a local boy make good.

I know at least one other Green Hope boy who went to UGA and talked to his parents a bit. They apparently do an amazing job recruiting and must have some super facilities. Green Hope has a strong program and has sent players to several other major programs... I don't believe we have had any success there - though we have obviously pulled some great players out of Raleigh.

Green Hope is the high school for all the Preston kids. Not surprising that they have a great golf team.

GT and Stanford kid in playoff for individual title. I think it is live right now.

Love the coverage this year. Very cool to watch.

Love the coverage this year. Very cool to watch.

Prarie Dunes is now on my bucket list.

Random factoid: the only Perry Maxwell designed courses in the Southeast are all in the Piedmont Triad: Old Town, Starmount, & Reynolds Park.

I think that factoid may be wrong. I think he designed Gillespie Golf Course in G'boro.

Prarie Dunes is now on my bucket list.

Random factoid: the only Perry Maxwell designed courses in the Southeast are all in the Piedmont Triad: Old Town, Starmount, & Reynolds Park.

I'd like to play both Prairie Dunes and Southern Hills. I hear that you can tell they're Maxwells from the greens. It would be cool to get on them having grown up on OTC.

Back