• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NCAA golf regional

Some of you guys just suck. So hard.

Golf has changed drastically over the past couple of decades. It's not even remotely close to being a "top schools only" type sport like it was when Haddock was the coach. We just LOVE the status quo at Wake, with regards to anything.

So far Clemson and UVa doing well in their regions (both 3rd) but VT 11th in theirs......

Looks like the annual collapse happened a bit earlier this year. With one player five over there was no margin for error. Lost five shots to the field in a couple of holes.

Wake sitting in sixth with the round almost over, one shot out of fifth and only seven shots out of second, and we were seeded 8th.

God some of you are just fucking miserable.

What are you talking about? Clancy Waugh just bogeyed 18, so we are now tied for 6th and TWO shots out of 5th. :willynilly: We obviously don't have the mental toughness to finish strong....I don't care if #18 is the toughest hole on the course.

Wake sitting in sixth with the round almost over, one shot out of fifth and only seven shots out of second, and we were seeded 8th.

God some of you are just fucking miserable.

I guess losing five shots in two holes isn't all that big a deal. Whatever you say.

2 holes out of a 54 hole event? No, not a big deal.

I guess losing five shots in two holes isn't all that big a deal. Whatever you say.

If you lose five shots on the final two holes and miss advancing by one then it's a big deal. If you do it on Friday and are only two shots back with 36 holes left, it doesn't really matter much at all since you have two rounds to get the shots back.

2 holes out of a 54 hole event? No, not a big deal.

Really 2 holes out of 216, since he is talking about Guise's triple on 16 and Waugh's double on 15.

ETA: We finished the 1st round at +2. Surprised simos didn't post his "Looks like the annual collapse happened a bit earlier this year" after the 3rd hole since the team was +2 after just 3 holes and we lost SIX shots to the field in just 2 holes (on #2 and #3). :tard:

Last edited:
He missed a short putt for a 40.

I miss, I miss, I miss, I miss, I miss, I miss, I miss, I miss, I miss, I miss, I miss, I miss, I miss, I miss, I miss, I miss, I miss, I miss, I miss, I miss, I miss, I miss, I miss, I miss, I miss, I miss, I miss, I miss, I miss, I miss, I miss, I miss, I miss, I miss, I miss, I miss, I miss, I miss, I miss, I miss, I make.

For every time a Wake team overachieves and does something like qualify out of the 8th spot for the finals, there are like 5 Wake teams that are seeded in the top 5 that end up not qualifying. Our teams are just not clutch.

If our teams are good enough to be seeded in the top 5 more often than not they should qualify.

Coaching cannot recreate talent (it can improve talent, not create it); but coaching can make talent efficient in competition. Coaching is about turning talented teams into winning teams.

So says the guy who made an opening 10 on a par 4 in US Am qualifying at Oak Valley. Then stiffed his hard working caddy! :werd:

A 10 on #1 at Oak Valley in Advance? You could hit two 9 irons on that hole and be close to the green.

Caddy must have told him to hit three. Screw that guy.

For every time a Wake team overachieves and does something like qualify out of the 8th spot for the finals, there are like 5 Wake teams that are seeded in the top 5 that end up not qualifying. Our teams are just not clutch.

Wrong. They just aren't that good (overall). Stewart is having a hell of a tournament. I would say that is clutch. Two of them are freshman who have had very good years. It wasn't realistic to expect them to do well in this tournament. You could argue this team has actually overachieved this year. It's stupid to say this performance means a whole team isn't clutch.

I am talking about Wake sports in general over many years and not just about this particular team.

It's pretty consistent that over the years there is a MUCH higher percentage of Wake teams that underperform their seeding in the post season than vice versa.

And if a Wake golf team that barely finishes in the top 50 is considered overachievement, than we need to reaccess our golf program.

Last edited:
Back