• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

New Basketball Unis

I personally like the grays. I think they look great. Reminds me a little of the old Atlanta Falcons unis and the Georgia Bulldogs unis with Gray pants. It is a good look with gold and black IMO.

My only quibble is with the lettering on WAKE and FOREST. The Wake in particular practically looks drawn on. There is something about the block font that is a bit off.

BTW, has anyone seen the new 76er uniforms on NBA.com? They have 'Spirit of Seventy-Six in cursive. It's awful. NBA seems to be pulling back out all the old awful unis from the 80s and early 90s. The Utah Jazz are rebranding their old mountain unis and Cleveland is resurrecting those weird black and blue garrish unis.

I do think Wake should wait to do retro unis from the Tim Duncan era until we have a coach and product we can proud of. In the meantime, a yearly rebranding works fine. The kids are excited for a month until we start struggling against NC A&T.

Who gives a shit? Rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic.

Can't believe we didn't have our Manniken model the new unis. We should at least get something for all the money he is getting paid.

We lost to Kansas State in the play-in game in the grays

They just look so generic

Well, I'm happy to see that we've finally gone back to placing the number between WAKE and FOREST instead of that jumbled WAKEFOREST mess above the numbers.

We're going to look mighty fine in those white home uni's in front of our dozens of remaining fans.

I just hope they look good streaming on ESPN3.

Maybe Stan Lewter will say nice things about them.

I like the gold alternates, but only if they break them out once or twice a year for big games.

So in 2025 when we're relevant again and have our next big game, we can bust out the golds.

Things that stand out to me: 1) Chill was not one of the veterans he called out for having a good day. 2) The way he talks about CP3 and others coming by indicates that even after this long, he's not really a Deacon and plugged into our basketball alumni base. That helps explain why we had to hire JGray to try to make those connections.

Apparently this is all part of some big Nike branding thing, information can be found here https://godeacs.com/news/2019/10/1/general-wake-forest-athletics-refreshes-its-brand.aspx

Old Khaki and Black now? Also whats with narrow lettering.

Was just going to post this. Damn, you are fast. The press release was at 9AM this morning and you posted at 9:01. Not much here as far as basketball unis, but the overall brand reboot explains all of our new unis across all sports

Could be a hot take, but I love the rebrand. Uniforms and overall athletic branding are huge in recruiting and fans. I'm really interested to see how and where they use the alternate logos.

Also, it's no coincidence that this entire rebrand has been officially implemented under John Currie.

Could be a hot take, but I love the rebrand. Uniforms and overall athletic branding are huge in recruiting and fans.

There's no way Elon can compete with our new unis. Things are looking up on the ole recruiting trail now!

_big_new_logos.jpg

I like the walking deacon as a secondary mark. It definitely can be used well. The top hat is meh to me - not bad by any means but I prefer WF's other options over it in almost any circumstance.

Coach Muus was wearing a polo with the walking Deacon on it the other night and I liked it a lot. Big surprise, not currently offered by the Deacon Shop or Fantatics that I can see. Hopefully now that this is officially out there, they will start offering merch with it.

_big_new_logos.jpg

I like the walking deacon as a secondary mark. It definitely can be used well. The top hat is meh to me - not bad by any means but I prefer WF's other options over it in almost any circumstance.

Walking Deac is great, Peter Millar has been monetizing this for a little while. The hat makes sense cause of emoji´s and the current generations inability to write (Dang Yoots).

Ya it may have been 9 am for yáll, but it was 2 PM to me and by that point I am itching for some hot takes.

i like it. the use of different shades of gold, from bright yellow to dull khaki and everything in between, has been my pet peeve for years. I have seen many officially licensed WF items that had different shades of gold on the same item. I remember my father in law gave me one such item (a sweatshirt that had WAKE FOREST in one shade of gold, right above a WF in a totally different shade) which went straight to the goodwill or got returned for cash.

Back