• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

New Basketball Unis

image_handler.aspx

the font definitely needed an update, but the new choice feels very generic

pretty sure the Deacon head is on the center of the collar of the new football unis

_big_new_logos.jpg

I like the walking deacon as a secondary mark. It definitely can be used well. The top hat is meh to me - not bad by any means but I prefer WF's other options over it in almost any circumstance.

The top hat is almost Escher-esque. The Deac looks like he has his arm around someone's neck.

Remember when that local design firm came out a couple of years ago with a rebranding attempt and it was quickly taken down? Looks like they incorporated a lot of those suggestions (maybe they were obvious design marketing things, anyway).

Coach Muus was wearing a polo with the walking Deacon on it the other night and I liked it a lot. Big surprise, not currently offered by the Deacon Shop or Fantatics that I can see. Hopefully now that this is officially out there, they will start offering merch with it.

Vinyard Vines has the walking Deacon.

On the press release on godeacs.com, they list the “old” and “new” WF logo colors, yet at the top of the page, they’re using the old logo color.

Are they dropping the Deacon head logo? It wasn’t included in the new secondary logos.

Are they dropping the Deacon head logo? It wasn’t included in the new secondary logos.
I believe the Deacon head is considered a primary logo, the WF word mark is just the official logo. It is on the front of the color/"V" area of the current football jerseys. With WF changing a bunch of jerseys as part of these changes, including football, they almost certainly would not have included old/obsolete logos.

I like the walking deacon, but it's really bothering me that his trailing fist is 3x larger than the one holding the stick. It's like he's got a boxing glove on or something.

I believe the Deacon head is considered a primary logo, the WF word mark is just the official logo. It is on the front of the color/"V" area of the current football jerseys. With WF changing a bunch of jerseys as part of these changes, including football, they almost certainly would not have included old/obsolete logos.
Yeah the WF official logo sucks. Deacon head was 100x better.

Yeah, but "WAKE FOREST" is a lot to put on a hat compared to "WF".
I literally have no idea what you're talking about. Deacon head should be #1 logo. WF could be alternate. What does that have to do with "Wake Forest?"

Deacon head on a baseball hat or helmet sucks and there's not enough room for "WAKE FOREST". That's all for my awful opinion.

Back