• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

New Big 10 Divisions

DeacKillsaDevil

Reaction score
Terps will get killed

apa6a7ud.jpg

this is almost a year old lol

Yeah nothing new. When is Maryland vs. Rutgers next year? Because you THROW EVERYTHING OUT THE WINDOW when those two rivals play. Is there any BCS team with less traditional/regional rivals than Maryland?

Yeah nothing new. When is Maryland vs. Rutgers next year? Because you THROW EVERYTHING OUT THE WINDOW when those two rivals play. Is there any BCS team with less traditional/regional rivals than Maryland?

WVU and UVA and pretty good rivals for them. Georgetown in basketball. GU no longer plays them in basketball due to a H&H spat. I doubt UVA will play them anytime soon. I assume they will try to keep the WVU rivaly. JDawg/Raise feel free to chime in. PSU is a "rival" as they have completely dominated that series.

we also haven't played Penn State like once in forty years (or something) so they don't count. They wouldn't play us when we were good in the 70s and 80s, we wouldn't want to schedule them in the 90s (and we were probably too bad for them anyways) and by the 2000s we were pretty booked anyways

Fuck Georgetown in basketball. They can burn in hell.

I hope we get rid of the WVU series, it took a brief break a couple years ago but has been back up until 2018 I think(?)

Brasky named the one that probably has the worst one in his original post, which is funny. I'm sure Rutgers and Northwestern have strong rivalries!

do they keep the leaders and legends names? That is all I care about.

Sorry meant conference rivals. Should of clarified that.

It still blows my mind how dumb of a decision this is for Maryland.

And J-Dawg NW plays Illinois, as well as Iowa, Minnesota, Purdue and Wisconsin. Teams they have played for 50+ years.

Last edited:
Ha, poor Rutgers, don't stand a chance.

Sorry meant conference rivals. Should of clarified that.

It still blows my mind how dumb of a decision this is for Maryland.

And J-Dawg NW plays Illinois, as well as Iowa, Minnesota, Purdue and Wisconsin. Teams they have played for 50+ years.

UMD is throwing away tradition....yet don't have any rivals

you're going to have to travel so much....and yet we'll travel less than Boston College

it's like talking to a brick wall

WVU and UVA and pretty good rivals for them. Georgetown in basketball. GU no longer plays them in basketball due to a H&H spat. I doubt UVA will play them anytime soon. I assume they will try to keep the WVU rivaly. JDawg/Raise feel free to chime in. PSU is a "rival" as they have completely dominated that series.

I don't think UVAgina will be very accommodating with non-conference scheduling for AIDSU in the future.

Doesn't matter, got paid, doe.

you're going to have to travel so much....and yet we'll travel less than Boston College

Maryland has AIDS. Rebuttal that!

You don't have any rivals in your new conference. That was my point.

No more games against Duke or UNC in basketball. Or the opportunity to play Syracuse or Notre Dame or Pitt or other East Coast teams you recruit against, and who's alumni you live with. Maryland is not a midwestern school.

The move was so short sighted and is only going to lead to a long term decline in fan and alumni interest.

Maryland and Rutgers obviously recruited to be the weak sisters of the east- the scheduled conference off date. The west it laughable.

"The move was so short sighted and is only going to lead to a long term decline in fan and alumni interest"

Oh so it can get worse? Good to know.

Back