• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

New Big 10 Divisions

we also haven't played Penn State like once in forty years (or something) so they don't count. They wouldn't play us when we were good in the 70s and 80s,

Sorry...just had to call bullshit on this bit of revisionist history:

November 16, 1968 College Park, MD Penn State 57 Maryland 13 PSU 14–1
November 15, 1969 State College, PA Penn State 48 Maryland 0 PSU 15–1
November 7, 1970 College Park, MD Penn State 34 Maryland 0 PSU 16–1
November 6, 1971 State College, PA Penn State 63 Maryland 27 PSU 17–1
November 4, 1972 State College, PA Penn State 46 Maryland 16 PSU 18–1
November 3, 1973 College Park, MD Penn State 42 Maryland 22 PSU 19–1
November 2, 1974 State College, PA Penn State 24 Maryland 17 PSU 20–1
November 1, 1975 College Park, MD Penn State 15 Maryland 13 PSU 21–1
September 24, 1977 State College, PA Penn State 27 Maryland 9 PSU 22–1
November 4, 1978 State College, PA Penn State 27 Maryland 3 PSU 23–1
October 6, 1979 College Park, MD Penn State 27 Maryland 7 PSU 24–1
October 11, 1980 College Park, MD Penn State 24 Maryland 10 PSU 25–1
September 11, 1982 State College, PA Penn State 39 Maryland 31 PSU 26–1
October 6, 1984 State College, PA Penn State 25 Maryland 24 PSU 27–1
September 7, 1985 College Park, MD Penn State 20 Maryland 18 PSU 28–1
November 8, 1986 State College, PA Penn State 17 Maryland 15 PSU 29–1
November 7, 1987 Baltimore, MD Penn State 21 Maryland 16 PSU 30–1
November 5, 1988 State College, PA Penn State 17 Maryland 10 PSU 31–1
November 11, 1989 Baltimore, MD Maryland 13 Penn State 13 PSU 31–1–1
November 10, 1990 State College, PA Penn State 24 Maryland 10 PSU 32–1–1
November 9, 1991 Baltimore, MD Penn State 47 Maryland 7 PSU 33–1–1
September 26, 1992 State College, PA Penn State 49 Maryland 13 PSU 34–1–1
October 2, 1993 College Park, MD Penn State 70 Maryland 7 PSU 35–1–1

I haven't met anyone who didn't love the Maryland for Louisville trade.

As a Northwestern fan and someone living in Chicago, I can tell you that no one I've met from any Big Ten school here is even remotely excited about having Maryland join the conference. So meh.

As a Northwestern fan and someone living in Chicago, I can tell you that no one I've met from any Big Ten school here is even remotely excited about having Maryland join the conference. So meh.

None of the Maryland fans I spoke with at the ACC tournament were pleased with the move to the Big Ten. There might have been some but not in the random sample of ACC going MD fans I spoke with.

go away terps and take your inferiority complex with you. enjoy your wednesday trips to iowa city.

Losers

Is it? I've never seen any evidence that playing games in a state helps recruit in that state.

that would be an interesting study actually. like others coaches say it helps, but who knows just how strong of a correlation that goes

I'm not trying to rub your nose in it; honestly, I'm curious what the rank and file Terp fans think. Can you speak for the sentiment of the fanbase: good move, great move, or WTF?

a bunch of us love it. the basketball-only guys don't necessarily like it, but understand

Sorry...just had to call bullshit on this bit of revisionist history

whoops, before my time. I was just going off what I remembered.

None of the Maryland fans I spoke with at the ACC tournament were pleased with the move to the Big Ten. There might have been some but not in the random sample of ACC going MD fans I spoke with.

a lot of the people that went down for the last ACC tournament were ACC loyalists :noidea:

It has to be disappointing for the region rivals in the division to know they invited Maryland solely because of the potential TV markets they can bring in. Otherwise, they add nothing to the conference.

It has to be disappointing for the region rivals in the division to know they invited Maryland solely because of the potential TV markets they can bring in. Otherwise, they add nothing to the conference.

We have the most recent national basketball championship in the Big Ten, 2nd-most when football is included :woot:

a bunch of us love it. the basketball-only guys don't necessarily like it, but understand

Mind if I ask why? The reigning BCS champ is an ACC school. The ACC has won, what, five NCAA MBB titles since the Big 10 has won one? At best it's a lateral move in terms of competitive.

What the heck happened financially that was so bad? If Ron Wellman can tread water after the last four years, post-Deacon Tower and still have enough coin to buy the Joel, how did Deficit Debbie screw the pooch coming off at National title and BCS game? I don't get it.

What I've gleaned from SVP is "Well, this ain't your father's ACC; we never play Dook and UNC as often as we used to."

And?

basically she ballooned sport enrollment, we're one of the few schools that are fully title IX compliant, and balanced budgets by borrowing from the reserves until we basically didn't have any and used tricky accounting practices (example: 20 year contract for Comcast Center naming rights but spreading all 20 years of revenue into 5 years or whatever the numbers were)

basically she ballooned sport enrollment, we're one of the few schools that are fully title IX compliant, and balanced budgets by borrowing from the reserves until we basically didn't have any and used tricky accounting practices (example: 20 year contract for Comcast Center naming rights but spreading all 20 years of revenue into 5 years or whatever the numbers were)

You also built premium seating options for Football with the expectation that your fans would actually pay for the suites. That has not happened.

Most of the MD fans I have spoke to are not happy about the move. They basically try to convince themselves that it was in the schools best interest. At the beginning, they thought MD would be the first domino to end the ACC. They were convinced UVA and UNC would join. Obviously, they were wrong.

Back