• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

New Big 10 Divisions

As a Northwestern fan and someone living in Chicago, I can tell you that no one I've met from any Big Ten school here is even remotely excited about having Maryland join the conference. So meh.

How about Rutgers? Even more meh?

Btw, I love the marketing gimmick 'Chicago's B1G Team'.

None of the Maryland fans I spoke with at the ACC tournament were pleased with the move to the Big Ten. There might have been some but not in the random sample of ACC going MD fans I spoke with.

I think JDawg is right, it was likely a biased group in GSO; however, there seemed to be a lot of positive reminiscing, pro-ACC signs, and general sadness that they were exiting.

Everyone else did not hesitate to boo and relish the Derps exit.

Terps will get killed

apa6a7ud.jpg

No worse than they were in the ACC. We only had Clemson & FSU in their division. They have both Michigan St & Ohio State and Mich St has made their first visit to a BCS game in quite a while. Indiana, Penn St & Rutgers don't offer much and when they play Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, Northwestern & Purdue on the other side that doesn't strike any fear. The Big 10 is just not that good.

How about Rutgers? Even more meh?

Btw, I love the marketing gimmick 'Chicago's B1G Team'.

I'd say similar response for Rutgers. No one likes losing a conference game that was within road tripping distance for one that's in New Jersey.

And yes, clearly NW took a page out of Wake's marketing playbook of "Triad's ACC Team". Also has about the same level of truth to it as well - Chicago is a melting pot of fans from all Big 10 schools with little discernible lean.

You also built premium seating options for Football with the expectation that your fans would actually pay for the suites. That has not happened.

yeah that was dumb, and then they tried selling them without alcohol. lol @ somebody ponying up that type of cash for a dry suite.

Back