• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Offseason Thread: NFL Draft - Rams pick Goff #1

Fascinating read on overspending on chase Daniel and Sam Bradford

Both are on short term deals that can be made shorter for small dead money. Neither one is expected to be the long term solution. (unless Bradford suddenly plays like 8 games Nick Foles). Eagles don't seem to think they are getting their franchise QB in this year's draft. The top two are expected to be gone by their now #8 pick. so they plan to take a QB in the later rounds to groom as the #3 QB. Then try to flip him for an early to mid round pick in a few years.

No one wants an eagles third round pick being groomed by chase daniel

No one wants an eagles third round pick being groomed by chase daniel

Redskins 4th round pick from a few years ago, taken for just the reason I stated above just got paid. Starter bucks. Take a guy on the last day of the draft, let him watch and learn, and you never know what might happen. Is he a franchise QB? Maybe. I think he is just good enough to get a team in the playoffs
but not good enough to win the whole thing.

Every team should aspire to draft the next kirk cousins

Every team should aspire to draft the next kirk cousins

I suspect a lot of NFL GM's would be very happy if you told them they would get a Kirk Cousins with their fourth round pick each year.

Eagles not expecting to find franchise QB in 2016 draft. Signed NFL competent QB and NFL decent backup to short term deals. Fix O-line and DB (and maybe running back) positions in 2016 draft. Get franchise QB in 2017 draft.

Agreed that the Eagles have been making some really good moves this off season. Given the circumstances the GM has been doing an excellent job. It will be interesting to see what happens in the draft. I think everyone is glad that the Chip Kelly era is finally over in Philly.

Let's be clear, signing chase daniel for $7mm per year is not good

Not only that, eagles are going like 8-8 this year cause the cowboys and redskins are going to suck - no chance they get some franchise qb in the draft next year.

They signed Bradford and Daniel to be their guys for the next 2-3 years or until they prove incompetent.

Washington actually wants people to surf in its proposed stadium's moat

imrs.php

DC has made home consumption of marijuana legal. The designer of this concept must have been indulging.

Chandler Jones to AZ for Jonathan Cooper (former 7th pick G who was trending toward a bust) and a 2nd.

Guess Pats decided to pay Hightower/Collins and not Chandy. And to actually protect Brady.

Good point by Schefter that Jones is gonna get $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ this offseason with how much dudes like Vernon got this

Back