• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Offseason Thread: NFL Draft - Rams pick Goff #1

Kaepernick seems to be digging himself a bigger hole. While his intentions are seemingly good, he is choosing a poor and misdirected outlet. If he gets cut for his on-field play it will be tough for him to catch on with another team given the baggage.

I'm enjoying the reports that he'll continue until "major changes" occur. Like what does he expect to happen on any kind of reasonably foreseeable timeline? And it'll be great when he finally stands again so that we can all feel relieved that racism is over.

Kaep is going to be cut in all likelihood. So all he's doing is harming his future job opportunities once he gets healthy. There is always the CFL.

Kaep is going to be cut in all likelihood. So all he's doing is harming his future job opportunities once he gets healthy. There is always the CFL.

Could be correct, but in a way, this move makes it more difficult to cut him as some might claim that he was cut for speaking out rather than for being a craptastic QB, which he is now. The fact is Kaep was headed toward the abyss of irrelevance. Now everyone is talking about him. Definitely testing the theory that there is no such thing as bad publicity.

I doubt the 49ers care about whatever bad publicity they get for cutting a QB they were going to cut anyway. And honestly, among NFL fans it will be mostly good publicity. And 49ers fans suck hard.

Could be correct, but in a way, this move makes it more difficult to cut him as some might claim that he was cut for speaking out rather than for being a craptastic QB, which he is now. The fact is Kaep was headed toward the abyss of irrelevance. Now everyone is talking about him. Definitely testing the theory that there is no such thing as bad publicity.

You have a 1st amendment right to speak your mind. You have no such right to be employed. And he was going to be cut anyway because he hasn't gotten his strength back, and he's been a problem. This is just going to ensure no other NFL team kicks his tires once he gets completely healthy.

If he actually wants to play football, the worst thing that Kaep has done this year is refuse to negotiate a new salary to facilitate a trade. He'd probably be the starting QB for the Broncos right now if he did.

But I think this has been his plan all along. He knew he'd be injured long enough that the 49ers couldn't cut him before his contract guaranteed July 1st, then he didn't really care to attempt to become the starter and lastly he became a headache for the franchise as a controversial figure that angered a big portion of the 49ers/NFL viewership. It sure seems like he either doesn't care if he gets cut or even that he is attempting to get cut. $15 million to sit at home without having to do anything.

Let's make this much clear -- the NFL won't lose any viewership over Kaepernick's anthem protest

Protesting inequality and injustice and then following it up with a Fidel Castro shirt is an....interesting choice.

"The Vikings just called off practice after 25 minutes, when Teddy Bridgewater went down on a non-contact play. Trainers immediately rushed to Bridgewater's side, while players dropped to one knee in prayer."

ESPN Staff Writer

Somewhere, Tebow just started throwing a ball through a tire.

Is this the start of the Mark Sanchez era in Minn?

Looks like Carson Wentz has played his last snap for the Eagles this year. I think it was a total of three snaps for the preseason. His rib isn't healed enough for contact.

Hearing rumors that torn ACL is best case scenario. Rumors of a compound fracture. Granted, I dunno how that can happen just dropping back in the pocket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bridgewater seems like a great dude. Sucks to hear about injuries like this. If it is as bad as it sounds, could be a career ender.

Back