• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NHL Thread

The Caps have been impressive early on this season - no small feat to shutout Vegas. Not sure how long they can keep it up, but HTTD has to be happy so far!

Canes-Flyers on TNT tonight, so I'll tune in for some of the chatter about that since we never get on natty tv. We're the only undefeated team at home left in the NHL - let's keep it going.

The Metro is quite jumbled right now from 2nd-6th. Would be a good win to try to start getting some distance.

Canes fans help me out. The Hurricanes basically stole the NHL franchise from Hartford. Why do they still cling to that part of their "history"? You would never see the Baltimore Colts wear Ravens uniforms or the Ravens wear Cleveland Browns uniforms. Dallas doesn't wear Minestota North Star uniforms. I know it's an imperfect analogy, but the point still stands. It would be an insult to the cities whose teams were stolen. Why is it different in Raleigh?
As a Stars fan I would love to see an occasional North Stars color scheme. I think many feel the same way. The animosity is generally one way. Minnesota fans hate on the Stars way more than the Stars fans hate on the Wild.

The Caps have been impressive early on this season - no small feat to shutout Vegas. Not sure how long they can keep it up, but HTTD has to be happy so far!

Canes-Flyers on TNT tonight, so I'll tune in for some of the chatter about that since we never get on natty tv. We're the only undefeated team at home left in the NHL - let's keep it going.

The Metro is quite jumbled right now from 2nd-6th. Would be a good win to try to start getting some distance.
Caps started the season slow but have really turned it around. National broadcasts for the Canes are cool but I'd rather listen to Mike and Trip, might sync the game.

Canes fans help me out. The Hurricanes basically stole the NHL franchise from Hartford. Why do they still cling to that part of their "history"? You would never see the Baltimore Colts wear Ravens uniforms or the Ravens wear Cleveland Browns uniforms. Dallas doesn't wear Minestota North Star uniforms. I know it's an imperfect analogy, but the point still stands. It would be an insult to the cities whose teams were stolen. Why is it different in Raleigh?
You fail to mention: Tennessee Titans wear Houston Oilers throwbacks, Kansas City has worn Dallas Texans throwbacks, Jets have worn New York Titans uniforms, LA Lakers wear Minneapolis throwbacks, the Indy Colts have worn Baltimore Colts uniforms, Utah Jazz wear New Orleans Jazz uniforms, the Avalanche wear Quebec Nordiques retros, I could go on and on. The Canes didn't "steal" the franchise, the owner moved the team because it had no fan support.

The Canes wear it because it's one of the best sports colorways/logos of all time. I am a Canes fan and don't really care for the Whalers night, the Canes accomplished more than Hartford ever did and it's been 26 years now and we have our own history, but damn are those uniforms sweet. I guarantee if the Whalers moved to a Northern or Canadian city, folks would have no problem with this, they just hate a Southern team is doing it.

Last edited:
You fail to mention: Tennessee Titans wear Houston Oilers throwbacks, Kansas City has worn Dallas Texans throwbacks, Jets have worn New York Titans uniforms, the Indy Colts have worn Baltimore Colts uniforms, the Avalanche wear Quebec Nordiques retros, I could go on and on. The Canes didn't "steal" the franchise, the owner moved the team because it had no fan support.

The Canes wear it because it's one of the best sports colorways/logos of all time. I am a Canes fan and don't really care for the Whalers night, the Canes accomplished more than Hartford ever did and it's been 26 years now and we have our own history, but damn are those uniforms sweet. I guarantee if the Whalers moved to a Northern or Canadian city, folks would have no problem with this, they just hate a Southern team is doing it.
Quebec is the best comparison since all of the other cities you list got replacement franchises. Hartford and Quebec did not.

Quebec is the best comparison since all of the other cities you list got replacement franchises. Hartford and Quebec did not.
Good point. He brought up the Colts/Ravens and Browns/Ravens so his comparisons weren't great either. The Memphis Grizzlies wear Vancouver Grizzlies retros, Sacramento Kings wear Kansas City Kings retros, the Nationals wore Expos uniforms in 2019 (Vancouver, Kansas City, and Montreal never got replacement franchises). My point is, the Canes aren't the only franchise that has done this as Deaconforever claims.

Last edited:
The Caps have been impressive early on this season - no small feat to shutout Vegas.

I'm enjoying the ride while it lasts.

The Caps have already won two games at Prudential Center this season, too, and I found this crazy stat: Washington is 31-4-5 in their last 40 games against New Jersey.

I also checked Florida-Detroit since that's been pretty uneven: Panthers are 30-7-3 in their last 40 games against the Red Wings.

What's everyone watching tonight and when?

I think I'll start with Pens/Blue Jackets...or Bruins/Sabres....or jeez Washington/Vegas.....then more than likely move to Ducks/Preds for fantasy purposes....or wait....Devils/Jets....or what will most definitely be a fun game in Dallas and then of course Florida/San Jose....I wanna see how many goals my guy Tkachuk can toss in the net against that sorry team.

ESPN+ is amazing, but having all the games start at 7pm and 8pm last night really inhibited surfing because everyone was at intermission at practically the same time.

It'll be nice to see the Canes tonight, since that's my 'local', blacked-out team.

ESPN+ is amazing, but having all the games start at 7pm and 8pm last night really inhibited surfing because everyone was at intermission at practically the same time.

It'll be nice to see the Canes tonight, since that's my 'local', blacked-out team.
The Canes are blacked out on ESPN+ for me as well but I use a VPN and can watch every game. Definitely worth doing if anyone on here is a Canes fan. Screw Bally sports.

Why do the canes always suck on tnt? Seems like every time we are on tnt we get beat fairly easily.

I love when Winnipeg is featured because you can use old Atlanta Thrashers.

Puckdoku Game 138 - 9/9🏆:

187 Uniqueness
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩

Canes don't seem to have the fire this year. ECF sweep hangover? Haven't been able to get in a groove. TDA and Orlov were horrible pickups. PLAY CHATFIELD and get rid of Drury

TDA was so good after we picked him up the first time. The falloff has been very disappointing.

idk why they haven’t yet cut bait with TDA. Would rather have chatfield in there. I have more confidence in orlov figuring it out than TDA magically learning defense.

Thompson is going to be out “for a while” per the Sabres coach. Wrist injury. These will be desperate times if the playoff drought is to be broken this year

The NHL is in Sweden this weekend for the Global Series. There's been rumors of replicating this in Germany sometime soon with Seider/Wings, Draisaitl/Oilers, and of course Stützle/Sens who had himself a game in the Swedish opener:

Back