• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NIT 2024: Next in a Long Line of Basketball Disappointments

Man, Forbes has his work cut out for him. It’s a cutthroat business, and I hope he makes the tough decisions in the offseason so we have a chance of winning with a good core group of guys returning. We have four players on scholarship that add next to nothing, and it’s time to get some immediate production out of the portal. Hate to say it, but it’s time to cut bait.
It’s been time. It’s also not that cut throat of a business if it’s been four years and he hasn’t made the tournament.

I was sort of expecting P-Fred to actually shoot today. They seem lost without Hunter, which is scary as the starting 5 is the same group we are excited to be coming back as this stout core next year.
I didn’t get the excitement unless Hunter stays or Forbes is able to get two 1st teamers to replace Hunter AND upgrade team. And I definitely didn’t get lunacy of Cam being all conf if he comes back healthy. He is a solid player but he regularly gets shut down against athletic and tall players and not very good defensively. Everyone goes on about he is our best defender and well that is why our team regularly getting run off floor.

Cam/Efton/Parker with 4 points combined? How?

So glad I’m on vacation with the fam and can’t watch this debacle.

It is definitely a coaching problem. They are missing as much as Wake. We aren’t playing defense, poor shot selection, too many turnovers. It points even more to a coaching problem. Different players…same issues. Forbes is the common denominator

I didn’t get the excitement unless Hunter stays or Forbes is able to get two 1st teamers to replace Hunter AND upgrade team. And I definitely didn’t get lunacy of Cam being all conf if he comes back healthy. He is a solid player but he regularly gets shut down against athletic and tall players and not very good defensively. Everyone goes on about he is our best defender and well that is why our team regularly getting run off floor.
Imagine if Carr leaves?

if this score holds, it's really gonna mess up wake's metrics. they were 10 pt favorite according to kenpom

The good news is the starters will be back next year. The bad news is the starters will be back next year

Watch where you’re going with that, some on this board don’t take kindly toward any “CC.” (Cam Criticism)

this is the most frustrated I've been all season. This is a shitty ass Georgia team that we are going to lose to twice. twice.

Apparently our home weakness is "Georgia teams that turn the ball over a bunch"

Forbes will get another year regardless of if he deserves it or not. However, if he is unable to retain the core of this team: Reid, Cam, Boopie, Parker then he should be shown the door.

Back