• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

No More Days The Journey is Over #0 Teague/Ellis

"59 Days left... A Reflection for this Day"

With 59 days remaining in the wilderness, it seems a good time to reflect on this long 4 year journey. Most of us have been through the stages of grief...denial(some still there), anger, apathy, etc. This journey has led to crying out through ads and billboards, retreating from the misery by avoiding the Joel, not offering our gifts and many other forms of coping. Since we are nearing the end, I invite you to join me in quiet prayers and supplication. Our prayers of Thanksgiving will be offered soon and we can rejoice in the light of a new day.

Preach it, brother.

This thread should get an update on the title with a countdown everyday. It would easily become one of the most viewed pages.

I just wish I had any confidence that BZZZ would be gone at the end of the season.

I'm thinking it's 58 days, give or take a few hours, depending on what time of the day our inevitable first day elimination occurs (on March 12).

So pumped.

This thread should get an update on the title with a countdown everyday. It would easily become one of the most viewed pages.

Agreed. I get depressed when I keep seeing 61 Days as the thread title. I feel like I am in Groundhog Day 2.

The countdown clock to the end of last season was featured prominently on FireBz.com. It was also the main focus of the first newspaper ad I designed (for the OG&B).

When that clock hit 0, motivation became apathy for me.

It is still wildly entertaining at times, but I miss college basketball.

http://gamedayr.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/wake-forest-fire-jeff-[Redacted]-newspaper-ad.jpg

Last edited:
Shouldn't the count down clock be closer to -307 days, since BZ should have been fired at the end of last season at the latest?

Or just click on the thread title like you would a filename on your computer.

good lord. just imagined the meltdown here if we were to extend him.

Won't Ron be too busy being the face of the NCAA Tourney Selection Committee to fire anyone?

Dino wasn't fired until a week into April.

Yeah, but Dino's teams tended to play deeper into the year ... :rimshot:

can we tack this thread?

Yes, and let the mods edit the title daily....if that is cool with 1985 Deac. Unless he is a world class lurker, it may be tough for him to update daily, based on his 11 posts in the 21 months he has been registered.

Back