• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NOW Howland watch: UPDATE 3/20@ 10:30 new tweets

Yeah, its buried in this article about USF's coaching search but at this point I'll take any potentially encouraging news.

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/bask...o-inject-life-into-basketball-program/2170834

dbVZQ.gif

Only at Wake would we have a coach the caliber of Howland interested in the job but we would rather go with fucking [Redacted]

Why didn't I just go to UF?

you know wellman could turn this whole thing around in a flash with this hire. see, eg, the Claw

If someone can clear up his baggage for getting axed at UCLA I'd be grateful.

If it's deemed minor or circumstance fine. If it's somewhere between Gaudio and Pearl type stuff than he's not viable IMO.

I think at the end of the day Howland will be our coach.

If it's deemed minor or circumstance fine. If it's somewhere between Gaudio and Pearl type stuff than he's not viable IMO.

Strikes me as more of an Andy Reid situation. Things started going down and he panicked, changed his M.O., lost control of the team/discipline issues, and was subsequently fired. Dude's résumé is about 100x better than Buzz. I'd take him to do the rebuilding that we paid Buzz to not do.

This MIGHT mean something if someone would actually say what "stuff" Guadio did.

"Certainly, Howland would be a big-time hire, and he would bring a suffocating defensive style that could help USF win sooner rather than later. But would Howland be interested in USF? There are rumors that he would rather go to Wake Forest, assuming Wake fires coach Jeff [Redacted].

That makes sense. Wake is in the ACC. It's a better job
. And that's the problem USF is going to face going forward."

Fucking right. Let's do this Ron. Pull the trigger and we will be back in droves

Amaker > Howland

Really? I dunno. Amaker has never won on the big stage. Howland has shown that he can win on the highest levels of college basketball. He is also a big enough name to be able to tangle with K and Deputy Dog. To me, he would be as close to a homerun as possible. I have to admit the rumors about not wanting to recruit bother me a little bit though.

For the LOVE OF GOD, Wellman read this article, see Howland's WFU interest and FIRE BZ already!

We have to go bigger and younger than Howland. He's in our fallback group.

Yeah, its buried in this article about USF's coaching search but at this point I'll take any potentially encouraging news.

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/bask...o-inject-life-into-basketball-program/2170834[/QUO

Thanks Woody for posting...info. about Wake pasted below:

Certainly, Howland would be a big-time hire, and he would bring a suffocating defensive style that could help USF win sooner rather than later. But would Howland be interested in USF? There are rumors that he would rather go to Wake Forest, assuming Wake fires coach Jeff [Redacted].

That makes sense. Wake is in the ACC. It's a better job. And that's the problem USF is going to face going forward.

Back