• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NOW Howland watch: UPDATE 3/20@ 10:30 new tweets

I'll just post what I have posted before. Please list the guys who have been fired from an A-list program who have ended up having success at a different school later.

The original discussion (on the other thread) was coaches fired for basketball reasons but that didn't make it over to this thread.

This is the same thread.

Shaka isn't Mark Few. He won't retire there. He'll make the jump eventually just like Brad Stevens did. Only question is exactly what kind of job he is waiting for NBA, UNC, or something else. Regardless, it hurts nothing to make him a serious offer.

I bet RJ has an interesting theory on the type of job that Shaka wants next...

This isn't the same thread?

On the Mike White thread a week or two ago we had the discussion about coaches that have been fired for basketball reasons and the limited success they've had in their next gigs. I think that's what Sig was referring to when he said he'll post what he has posted before. Butthead.

Look Butthead. He posted the same question here too and it was answered independently and my assertion that Steve Fisher's name had already been discussed on this thread still stands. It's indisputable. You're about as worthwhile as a screen door on a battleship.

Look Butthead. He posted the same question here too and it was answered independently and my assertion that Steve Fisher's name had already been discussed on this thread still stands. It's indisputable. You're about as worthwhile as a screen door on a battleship.

I think you mean submarine.

I agree that it would probably take that to get Marshall. I don't see Shaka leaving VCU after last year. Apparently, to him, money isn't everything.

Some while back there was a list of things that Shaka was said to be looking for at his next coaching job. He doesn't have many of them where he is. However, VCU offered "head coach" when other places were offering "assistant coach."

None of the schools who have been rumored to have offered in past years checked many of the boxes on that list either. Wake, surprisingly, does hit a lot of his wish list items. So it is not an absurd notion that Wake should make a strong push for Shaka.

Four years ago, Shaka's resume was pretty slim, as noted above. He had had one year as a head coach, and finished fifth in his conference, albeit, also winning the CBI.

Back