• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NOW Howland watch: UPDATE 3/20@ 10:30 new tweets

Dear Athletic Department moles,

We all know you're out there. I know you've felt persecuted by those on this board, and I think that's valid.

It's time now to put that all behind us and move forward united under our love for Wake Forest.

So please tell us: What can we do to bring Ben Howland to Wake Forest? Now's the time. Let us know. What needs to go down to make this happen? Is it money you want? An apology to Ron Wellman? Whatever it is, I'm in. Tell us what you need, and we'll make it happen.

I would think Capel would jump at the opportunity. NC native, former Wake ball boy, already been a high-major coach and likely eager to get another crack, and knows he isn't in line for the Duke job.

After listening to the press conference, I would say there is no way Ben will be the next basketball coach. He will be hired quickly and by the time RW gets around to checking "everything" out he will be gone. I expect a hire a bit better the Bzzz but no home run

I would think Capel would jump at the opportunity. NC native, former Wake ball boy, already been a high-major coach and likely eager to get another crack, and knows he isn't in line for the Duke job.

I suspect all the K disciples think they are next in line. I would guess that none of them truly are either. I think once upon a time, Johnny Dawkins was.

Hello there,

Let me ask you fellows something. What do we know about Mr. Howland? I haven't been following ball as much since the tournament went to 32. Does he focus on the defense or the offense?

Best wishes,

ProudDeacon1948

Of course he would, he's a donk head coach that isn't qualified to be the head coach at an ACC school.

Hello there,

Let me ask you fellows something. What do we know about Mr. Howland? I haven't been following ball as much since the tournament went to 32. Does he focus on the defense or the offense?

Best wishes,

ProudDeacon1948

Dear friend,

Howland is awkward, but seems like Johnny Carson compared to [Redacted]. He's all about the suffocating D. Bill Walton hates him.

Cheers,
Buckets

Dear friend,

Howland is awkward, but seems like Johnny Carson compared to [Redacted]. He's all about the suffocating D. Bill Walton hates him.

Cheers,
Buckets

Hello again,

Glad we could say hello once again, "buckets". This is fun. But just to be clear, I've rescued kids your age out of war zones and then sold them into child slavery the minute they felt comfortable. JUST TO BUY A WHORE. So screwing with me is not the answer to any of your problems. Believe me. This life might seem long, but it can be made super short. At my age, I know that I'd by doing you a favor by taking your life at your shitty age, whether your 20 or 45, all the same to me. So keep on talking, friend.

Best wishes,

ProudDeacon1948

Hello again,

Glad we could say hello once again, "buckets". This is fun. But just to be clear, I've rescued kids your age out of war zones and then sold them into child slavery the minute they felt comfortable. JUST TO BUY A WHORE. So screwing with me is not the answer to any of your problems. Believe me. This life might seem long, but it can be made super short. At my age, I know that I'd by doing you a favor by taking your life at your shitty age, whether your 20 or 45, all the same to me. So keep on talking, friend.

Best wishes,

ProudDeacon1948
VB9HMWC.jpg

After listening to the press conference, I would say there is no way Ben will be the next basketball coach. He will be hired quickly and by the time RW gets around to checking "everything" out he will be gone. I expect a hire a bit better the Bzzz but no home run

You still believe the bullshit Wellman spits in his press conferences? How fucking naive are you?

Not saying we will hire Howland, but using what Wellman says in a press conference as any sort of indication how this will go down is simply foolish.

Hello again,

Best wishes,

ProudDeacon1948

Is it wrong that I followed laughter by shitting my pants?

There was so little truth in that press conference that I don't think anything can be learned from it.

All for #TheHowling. Obviously the reaches in #Shak'NBake and #WeAreMarshall are atop the wish list. Just no unproven mid majors with supposed upside. I want a #splashy hire that grabs the headlines. Now is the time to bring back the fucking #swaggggggger. Show everyone we have the #moxy!!!!

Back