• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official '15-16 NBA Season Thread: THEY WON ONE FOR THE LAND

Would you be pissed if your family invited a whole bunch of people over to your house for your birthday and then baked a cake for the new neighbors down the street in an effort to blatantly pursue a business opportunity?
Need more info about this scenario. Is it chocolate layer? Is there a monkey illustration on the cake?

Phan shakes his head knowingly while unbuckling his belt.

Last edited:
No way Adam Silver would allow it, right? There would be no point to having a league anymore, at least not a Western Conference.

How could Adam Silver stop it? It would be in free agency and the Warriors could offer him a max contract with the cap explosion and not re-signing Harrison Barnes.

I mean the Warriors are already basically the perfect basketball team on offense and defense. KD would be great on there but the returns are diminishing, they're not going to be a magnitude better than they already are if it were to happen.

It would actually be kind of a shame. KD would be shooting wide-open 3s mostly instead of Harrison Barnes. He'd get a ring though.

That wouldn't be fair.

Maybe work out a compromise with the Warriors organization. Allow them to take over the Sixers and create two teams, one for the West and one for the East. Let Luke coach the Eastern Conference Warriors.

i was actually pimping this idea a couple of weeks ago to someone. i seriously doubt it would actually happen but a starting 5 of curry, klay, kd, dray, and bogut would be redic.

i was actually pimping this idea a couple of weeks ago to someone. i seriously doubt it would actually happen but a starting 5 of curry, klay, kd, dray, and bogut would be redic.

Bogut's just happy to be there.

Maybe work out a compromise with the Warriors organization. Allow them to take over the Sixers and create two teams, one for the West and one for the East. Let Luke coach the Eastern Conference Warriors.

Even then, that wouldn't be fair. One side will have Steph + KD/Klay. Other Gets Dray + which ever doesn't go with Steph. Then you get to the big men from Philly who would, assumedly, have improved significantly from where they are now. And probably Ben Simmons. The two teams would still be ridiculous.

How could Adam Silver stop it? It would be in free agency and the Warriors could offer him a max contract with the cap explosion and not re-signing Harrison Barnes.

I mean the Warriors are already basically the perfect basketball team on offense and defense. KD would be great on there but the returns are diminishing, they're not going to be a magnitude better than they already are if it were to happen.

It would actually be kind of a shame. KD would be shooting wide-open 3s mostly instead of Harrison Barnes. He'd get a ring though.

Teams basically leave Harrison Barnes wide open to get the ball out of Curry's hands, or to stop Draymond's rolls to the rim, right? Having Durant out there changes that up pretty drastically I'd think. Barnes is also giving you 4 rebounds and 2 assists and nothing else out there, with a PER of 13. Durant's is at 28. Why even play Bogut/Ezeli at Center? Just roll with KD at the 4 and Draymond at the 5.

Teams basically leave Harrison Barnes wide open to get the ball out of Curry's hands, or to stop Draymond's rolls to the rim, right? Having Durant out there changes that up pretty drastically I'd think. Barnes is also giving you 4 rebounds and 2 assists and nothing else out there, with a PER of 13. Durant's is at 28. Why even play Bogut/Ezeli at Center? Just roll with KD at the 4 and Draymond at the 5.

I know KD is a fuck ton better at basketball than Harrison Barnes. I'm just saying they're playing damn near optimal basketball already.

The Spurs and Cavs would be two players away from contending at least.

Two players that likely don't exist. The Spurs would be post big 3, and in need of about 4 players to contend with that dubs roster. Maybe 3 if one of them is Steph Curry.

Back