• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official '15-16 NBA Season Thread: THEY WON ONE FOR THE LAND

A consensus seems to be building that Durant will re-sign a 1 year max deal with an additional year player option with the Thunder. Then, after next season, Westbrook (a free agent in 2017) and Durant can either decide to stay in OKC; go as a package somewhere else (Lakers expected to be involved); or go their separate ways. Obviously a lot of basketball yet to be played, but if Thunder win a title by beating the Spurs, Warriors and Cavs, they are going to stay together to seek to repeat.

The Thunder's dominance sheds some light on the Spurs/Thunder series -- rather than SA being old and OKC is just unbeatable right now. The Thunder have now won an unthinkable 6 of the last 7 against the Spurs and Warriors in the last two weeks (those two went 140-24 in the regular season), and many of the Thunder's wins have not been close. OKC is a monster right now. Looking more and more like only an injury can stop them.

Last edited:
Agree with yb. You pay the tax if you are in the finals (prob conf finals as well). Adams will get paid. They may have a tough decision with Ibaka and kanter but after this play off run they will be far more likely to keep status quo. Few tweeks at the bottom.

Agree with those that say after this run its nearly impossible durant leaves. It would have been surprising before. Now it would be a pretty big shock.

Can't wait until my CAVS stomp all over either of these Western pretenders. 'Bron and 'Rie and 'Evin.

Imma throw out a theory. The Dubs fell off once Luke got the Lakers job.

I'll take it a step further into conspiracy land. The Dubs players wanted to Tyronn Lue him but the brass felt they couldn't do that to Kerr coming off his absence. Now the Dubs are pissed that the REAL COY is moving out and they lost their swag.

or steph is dealing with injuries.

Eh. They started looking vulnerable against the Blazers and it wasn't because of Mason Plumlee and Ed Davis.

it actually was. they got destroyed on the glass.

naw actually i think a 73 win team is throwing the wcf on purpose out of animosity because their favorite assistant is leaving.

Isn't kanter on a big long term deal now already

Kanter is locked in at $17-18M for three seasons after this year.

Ibaka will be a totally free agent after next year.

Adams has next year and a qualifying year offer year the following year.

I just don't care for Ibaka's game. Too many 3s at inopportune times.

Is okc on a run? Just leave ibaka open and let him doink a 3

Ibaka is fine... He had plenty of dagger 3s against the Spurs. I get why he's frustrating... I hate to see someone with his size and athleticism just standing out on the perimeter throwing up 3s, but it seems to work for OKC.

Having said that, I'd definitely let him walk as a free agent. He's going to command a lot of $$$ (someone will overpay) and I'd rather pay Adams (and Kanter).

As an aside, I am still shocked that this is the same OKC team that looked like it was just going through the motions against a very mediocre Mavs team in Round 1. Did not see this coming at all.

I just don't care for Ibaka's game. Too many 3s at inopportune times.

Is okc on a run? Just leave ibaka open and let him doink a 3

It's also kinda hard to believe that he's the same dude that was three-time first team all defense.

I'm on board with the age conspiracy theory.

Wait you goons actually think OKC is going to win another game?

F'ing millennials (and Ph)

Ibaka is fine... He had plenty of dagger 3s against the Spurs. I get why he's frustrating... I hate to see someone with his size and athleticism just standing out on the perimeter throwing up 3s, but it seems to work for OKC.

Having said that, I'd definitely let him walk as a free agent. He's going to command a lot of $$$ (someone will overpay) and I'd rather pay Adams (and Kanter).

Plus you never give max money to a 35 year old

Back