• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official '15-16 NBA Season Thread: THEY WON ONE FOR THE LAND

Clearly you can't molest nuts and not expect a curse. Even the Cavs fell victim to that one.

KIA keys to the game:

* move the ball
* hustle back
* do not touch an opponent's gonads

Imma throw out a theory. The Dubs fell off once Luke got the Lakers job.

I'll take it a step further into conspiracy land. The Dubs players wanted to Tyronn Lue him but the brass felt they couldn't do that to Kerr coming off his absence. Now the Dubs are pissed that the REAL COY is moving out and they lost their swag.

This is the kinda reckless speculation I dig.

The dubs losing may cost them any shot at Durant in FA as well

WBds106.jpg

Given the GS didn't look good in the last two games and the run OKC is on in these two series, I don't think it's coming back to OKC.

That's Irish's Jason Terry moment right there.

The dubs losing may cost them any shot at Durant in FA as well

Once they took the Spurs down it became apparent to me Durant is not going anywhere. Now with the very real prospect of taking down GS, I can't see why he'd want to. He'd get more dough from Thunder and be in a better situation to win long term unless he simply wants out of OKC.

Once they took the Spurs down it became apparent to me Durant is not going anywhere. Now with the very real prospect of taking down GS, I can't see why he'd want to. He'd get more dough from Thunder and be in a better situation to win long term unless he simply wants out of OKC.

To keep OKC together, they will need the cap to go to about $115M with a $25M max. KD and Russ will want max money. Adams, Kanter and Ibaka will be getting at least $15-18M apiece and Waiters will get close to $15M.

The ownership was unwilling to pay the luxury tax to keep Harden. I doubt they will do it this time when the cap is so much higher and the taxes will be higher.

This is an example of how salary caps penalize excellence in management and fans.

To keep OKC together, they will need the cap to go to about $115M with a $25M max. KD and Russ will want max money. Adams, Kanter and Ibaka will be getting at least $15-18M apiece and Waiters will get close to $15M.

The ownership was unwilling to pay the luxury tax to keep Harden. I doubt they will do it this time when the cap is so much higher and the taxes will be higher.

This is an example of how salary caps penalize excellence in management and fans.

To me, this is a different situation than Harden. It looks like they were right to trade him. Sure, he's good. But he sucks on defense and there is no way that he would gel with the team they have now. KD & Bestbrook are guys you pay the tax for. Will probably have to pick between Adams, Kanter, and Ibaka, though.

Back