• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official '16-17 NBA Thread: not with a bang but a whimper

Maybe I'm crazy but Westbrook, Harden, Durant sounds more formidable than Curry, Thompson, Durant

Maybe I'm crazy but Westbrook, Harden, Durant sounds more formidable than Curry, Thompson, Durant

It would be. Chemistry would need a little work taking the ball away from Harden/Russ, but Thompson is not in the same league as the other 5. Good job, Presti.

they could've kept festus over livingston, who seems like a luxury on this team. of course festus is currently injured, but he'd be a young athletic big on the team when healthy.

the warriors will be fine, great, dominant etc etc but another thing that has stood out other than their pretty awful selection of bigs is that the older role players, mainly iggy, might be starting to slow down.

but ian clark!

It would be. Chemistry would need a little work taking the ball away from Harden/Russ, but Thompson is not in the same league as the other 5. Good job, Presti.
If you are building an NBA team, is Klay top 20?

Have to think about it. Probably not.

Immediately, you have to rephrase the question, "Is Klay one of the Top 17 players who isn't a Warrior?"

Maybe even get to 25 depending on how much you like young guys like Embiid.

I think Klay is top 20.

I don't think so. Off the top of my head and in no particular order:
James, Leonard, Durant, Steph, Paul, Russ, AD, Lillard, DeRozen, Cousins, Wall, Butler, Irving, LMA, KAT, Griffin, Melo, HOF Bledsoe, Ish Smith, and Tyson Chandler are all better.

I don't think so. Off the top of my head and in no particular order:
James, Leonard, Durant, Steph, Paul, Russ, AD, Lillard, DeRozen, Cousins, Wall, Butler, Irving, LMA, KAT, Griffin, Melo, HOF Bledsoe, Ish Smith, and Tyson Chandler are all better.

With regards to the bolded names, do you start a team with them? They're aging and I think I would go with the younger guys over them, even though I love CP. The only older guy I would take over anybody would the Lebron, but that's because he is Lebron.

Klay is better than DeRozan

this was my immediate response to the list, too

I think I'd take him over Lillard, Wall, LMA, and mayyyybe Cousins/Griffin/Melo. Dude is underrated, but he's one of the best defensive guards in the league, and who knows how he'd do offensively in a #1 scorer situation like Dame or Wall have had.

this was my immediate response to the list, too

I think I'd take him over Lillard, Wall, LMA, and mayyyybe Cousins/Griffin/Melo. Dude is underrated, but he's one of the best defensive guards in the league, and who knows how he'd do offensively in a #1 scorer situation like Dame or Wall have had.

Bruh, taking him over Boogie is a big, big mistake.

Bruh, taking him over Boogie is a big, big mistake.

Yeah. Definitely less sure of that, but I think y'all are underrating Klay. SG is the league's thinnest position, and he's a career 42% shooter from deep on insanely high volume. He deserves to be in the conversation with these guys, is my point.

I think he benefits offensively playing with Steph more than the lack of volume hurts him, but that's just me. Guy almost never draws a team's best defender.

I forgot Paul George who is definitely better than Klay. Klay is legitimately somewhere in the 15-22 range I think.

I think he benefits offensively playing with Steph more than the lack of volume hurts him, but that's just me. Guy almost never draws a team's best defender.

This is fair in theory, but his scoring efficiency is so far ahead of almost every other guard in the league. I think a hypothetical bump in usage to something like what Lillard has would have to come alongside a biiiiig drop in shooting percentages for Klay to not be more valuable overall.

Back