• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official '16-17 NBA Thread: not with a bang but a whimper

Is it just me or does ESPN no longer show the score, final or in progress with their scrollbar at the top? Is that just click bait annoyance of the highest level?

Crazy cause McConnell sucks.

he's a weird one

when he's the starter, he has played like a low level nba starter

when he comes on the bench for sergio he's godawful

he has had some really good games this year tho, like the 17 assist game last weekend

I think Pop needs about 8 more wins to pass Jerry Sloan to have the most wins coaching one team.

Kawhi's legs are shaped similarly to Josh Howards. That would worry me if I were a Spurs fan. Not many professional athletes have their toes pointing inwards.

James Johnson gets some recognition in Lowe's column for pretty much his continued career narrative of "one of the leagues most talented and versatile bench players that will never ever put it all together."

Still, keep getting that paper JJ.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...things-like-featuring-cj-mccollum-jumpers-nba

In the meantime, Johnson has been a jack-of-all-trades bright spot. He's posting career highs in almost every category, and has drained a shocking -- and unsustainable -- 38 percent from deep after struggling to crack the 30 percent barrier over the rest of his career.

He can do a little of everything on offense, and the Heat have used him as a point forward -- and even a point-center! -- in bizarro inverted pick-and-rolls:

That is a nasty little screen by Dragic, who enjoys collisions. Nice working flipping directions at the last second, a veteran trick that fools both D'Angelo Russell and Randle.

Johnson has always been a high-wire passer prone to the sorts of insane turnovers that drive coaches batty. No coach has ever trusted him to play extended minutes for more than a month or so at a time. Erik Spoelstra has no choice but to live with Johnson's high turnover rate. Johnson is a free agent after this season, and he has earned a harder look.

adam silver says nba should try to speed up the end of games. this guy gets it.

I liked Stern for the most part but he wasn't a players' commish at all. Silver really gets it from all sides: owners, players, and fans.

Curious to see what he plans to do. I would like to see 1-and-1s.

omg these hawks unis. did I miss where green/blue were colors of theirs?

Maybe the Pistons would think of trading Ish to the Cavs. The Cavs need a back-up PG. Think of how many assists Ish would get with all those shooters.

Back