• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official '16-17 NBA Thread: not with a bang but a whimper

To date, Embiid averaging 19.6 PTS, 7.6 REB, 2.3 BLKs per. Only rookies to match: Duncan, Shaq, D-Rob, Hakeem, Mourning, Ralph Sampson.

Not minutes adjusted. Embiid still just playing 26mpg average.

To date, Embiid averaging 19.6 PTS, 7.6 REB, 2.3 BLKs per. Only rookies to match: Duncan, Shaq, D-Rob, Hakeem, Mourning, Ralph Sampson.

Not minutes adjusted. Embiid still just playing 26mpg average.

The goal of "The Process" was to get a superstar. If Embiid stays healthy, they got a Hall of Famer.

Ideally Simmons and next year's lotto pick(s) will yield another superstar. Team finally consistently fun to watch.

It'd be hilarious if the sixers win enough games to put themselves out of the running for one of the great point guards available in this year's draft, dooming them to 7-8th seed contention

500 PTS & 200 REB thru 27 games:

Sampson
Dream
Ewing
Admiral
Deke
Shaq
Blake
Joel Embiid

The player to do it in the fewest minutes before this season was Hakeem, who did it in 906...

Joel Embiid has played SIX HUNDRED EIGHTY ONE

It'd be hilarious if the sixers win enough games to put themselves out of the running for one of the great point guards available in this year's draft, dooming them to 7-8th seed contention

Yea defs don't want a Hornets ceiling

I just like watching good basketball and the hornets have played good bball the last season and a half so that's not gonna hurt my feelings. Need to arrest this slide though

I get that

Sixers are still only fun to watch if Embiid plays

Even if they get Fultz they're still only pushing for 8 seed next year unless Okafor turns into a useful pick

I think even if we play out of the lotto with our pick, which is doubtful, we still have two firsts, three seconds, and Okafor to trade up with

The biggest question for the Sixers is Simmons. How good is he? What position will he really play?

If he's really the ballhandler, then do they pick shooters with the two picks this year? If he's not, do they trade him and pick Fultz/Ball, Smith and get a king's ransom for Simmons?

I'd be very surprised if they traded Simmons before they see him play a full season

His ceiling is pretty damn high

My druthers would be to keep Noel as backup center so there's an elite rim protector on the floor for 48 minutes

Then Simmons and Covington can collectively defend/easily switch on the 2-4, and they'll need to figure out floor spacing on offense

I think Ilyasova is a good trade chip too by this deadline; he shouldn't be taking so many minutes from Saric. Assuming Simmons does play a lot of primary ball handler in the halfcourt, they will need a shooter more than a true PG, but a slasher would still be nice. I think in that case Dennis Smith may be a good option.

Simmons might become a decent defender, but he didn't show it at LSU. Ball is actually a better 3 point shooter than Smith.

??

He had the most steals for a player over 6'5" in the league

Elite footwork and quickness on the perimeter

??

He had the most steals for a player over 6'5" in the league

Elite footwork and quickness on the perimeter

The guys he's going to be covering, save Giannis (and maybe Randle), are not likely to be handling the ball. I doubt he could that to PGs.

He seemed disinterested in D in the games I saw. He made some steals but didn't play solid, head-to-head D.

I hope they are right and that he can make some threes. If so, we should take two shooters this year.

As the draft stands today, the Sixers would likely not have a shot at Fulkes, Smith, Ball. They could get two of Tatum, Monk, Isaac.

Last edited:
Back