• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official '16-17 NBA Thread: not with a bang but a whimper

Must have missed that among all the times you called him Greg Oden.

In terms of injury history, sure. He has played less than 60 college and NBA games in the last 3 years. So how am I wrong? Do you have any confidence that he'll stay healthy for a long-term career?

You just gotta pair HOFoak with a rangy big who can knock down the three and defend the rim, do work out of the high post. Shouldn't be hard.

embiid seems to fit all those things, but in the sample size of 30some minutes they experimented with them together, it was p ugly

the big thing is teams will PnR on him nonstop

In terms of injury history, sure. He has played less than 60 college and NBA games in the last 3 years. So how am I wrong? Do you have any confidence that he'll stay healthy for a long-term career?

i don't buy into #tooathletic except as a self-fulfilling prophecy

i have no idea about past injuries being a predictor of future injuries, wouldn't really care to speculate

i think the sixers are being hypercautious with him, and his body type seems a lot bigger and better equipped to handle nba stress than oden or yao or guys who are either short or long term injury cases

The Sixers are looking at Embiid as a potential centerpiece of the franchise for the next 10+ years. They are being cautious about his playing time this year so that is a more realistic possibility.

Official '16-17 NBA Thread: the death star is fully operational

Who are some #tooathletic guys that didn't get seriously hurt?

Vince Carter destroys the whole thesis. He turns 40 next week. He had one bad year of injuries 15 years ago.

too athletic?

seriously tho the clippers were hot and blake griffin was just about to come back. i swear that team is cursed.

What's the argument again? Just anyone super athletic is bound to get hurt?

The origins were that the human body can't stop and start and change directions as quickly as Derrick Rose and Russell Westbrook did. With the #eyetest he was simply #tooathletic. Westbrook's injuries explained similarly, although he's a freak and has recovered, but its not like he'll be still going strong 3 years from now. Even he doesn't just stop as violently as Derrick did.

Justice Winslow was I think my official 2nd or 3rd call simply from watching him in college. He couldn't make a drive to the basket without making some awkward looking fall to the ground where he looks like he was close to tearing an ACL.

Last edited:
fair

in #tooathletic news, Ben Simmons is rumored to debut next Wednesday at home vs the Rockets

i am going to irresponsibly spend to sit really close if this gets confirmed

NBA.com on Bzd: Overall [Houston] defense sits in the middle of the pack. But the work of assistant head coach Jeff [Redacted] is taking hold. Since Dec. 1, they rank No. 4 in the league as the Rockets zoomed up in the standings. Grade for Defense: B

Townie is gonna HATE this.

Back