• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2012 Triad Pro-Am Summer League Thread - CMM/Tree/Chase/Green Win Title

I love how 70% of Andre's answers were about how excited he was to have unlimited access too food. Full scholarships seem pretty cool

We can eat at the pit like.. anytime! And its unlimited food!

Smh y'all gotta learn to check BSD. We got yall covered.

Nah, I checked BSD before I posted that, just didn't realize at the time all your updates were coming as comments to the schedule post. Thought mehbe you had something else set up for live chat type stuff.

Nah, I checked BSD before I posted that, just didn't realize at the time all your updates were coming as comments to the schedule post. Thought mehbe you had something else set up for live chat type stuff.

We probably should use CoverItLive.

Things I learned tonight:

Andre's numbers weren't as big against Weaver, but he held his own and really got after it. He's much better than I expected going into the league. Ended the game with a bloody face and jersey. Dunked all over Weaver once.

Green continued to show off his new found strength. Dunked on Devin twice + the foul. Scored about 16 around the basket and had 7 boards going into halftime. Both him and Devin's minutes were reduced in the 2nd b/c of foul trouble. They really battled each other on the blocks. Devin continued to show glimpses his quick drop step.

Moto was much better tonight, really used his strength to attack the rim and settled for his jumper much less.

Play of the night was a nice Rountree pass to CMM for a huge dunk. We have a ton of video from the last game, so you will be able to see most of what I've described.

When do we go to Canada and who are we going up against anyone got a schedule? I want to see what these guys do as a team.

Cool, can't wait to see the write ups and video. Hopefully I'll be able to make it out to some of the games next week.

When do we go to Canada and who are we going up against anyone got a schedule? I want to see what these guys do as a team.

No idea. I think it's early next month though.

I'm not going to get the videos up until tomorrow morning. Most of them are of the third game and we have some great highlights of that game.

Someone earlier said Canada would be in October, which struck me as odd wince classes would be in session. August makes more sense but Idk.

Last year, St. Louis U. did a Canada trip in late August. They played five games, two against the University of Windsor which were blowout wins. After a day or two of sightseeing, travel, and a team building activity that had something to do with jumping off a 20' cliff and into a lake whether you could swim or not(trusting teammates to help you and all that) they played three games in Ottawa. The first game was against the Univ. of Ottawa, a convincing win, then two losses to Carleton U, reputed to be the strongest Canadian college team.

The thing is there are several schools travelling to Canada in August for these tours so it's hard to say where Wake is scheduled to go. Can't be certain if Wake's will be in August but I thought these trips were supposed to be when classes aren't scheduled which makes traveling in October seem a little sketchy.

Last edited:
Canada trip is early October

Any other info known at this point?

As I understand it, one of the rules of these trips is that you get 10 extra practices before going. Sounds like they might be coordinating the practices, trip, and the official start of practice to have one flow into the other. In looking at some of the Canadian university schedules I noticed that they play exhibition games against US colleges in August and October. Didn't realize these trips could take place in October until tonight.

Last edited:
Someone earlier said Canada would be in October, which struck me as odd wince classes would be in session. August makes more sense but Idk.

Maybe it's during Fall Break?

Good write-up. Like what I'm hearing. Especially like that Andre seems to be more ACC ready than anyone thought. Very encouraging that he put in a solid game against the Dreamweaver (not saying D-Weav was ever great at Wake, but he is probably bigger and stronger than anyone Andre has played against before)

Thanks so much for the coverage. Who had the edge tonight, DT or DG? or did they play to a draw?

Good write-up. Like what I'm hearing. Especially like that Andre seems to be more ACC ready than anyone thought. Very encouraging that he put in a solid game against the Dreamweaver (not saying D-Weav was ever great at Wake, but he is probably bigger and stronger than anyone Andre has played against before)

Yeah, Weave looks pretty good these days. He has slimmed down a bit and can step out and hit the long ball. Andre may have been a little overmatched but he more than held his own at this juncture and didn't back down. It was fun to watch.

Back