• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2015-2016 Charlotte Hornets Thread - Batum & Marv back, Lin, Al & Lee gone

Hornets have just had horrible luck in the lottery. Since the Bobcats. Okafor instead of Howard and then MKG instead of Davis.

Doesn't seem to have as much lately. Not sure our drafting has been horrible. Everyone freaks out about Winslow-Kaminsky, but the numbers don't support the hate so far. With a healthy MKG, Winslow gets buried on this roster. Zeller was a worse pick than Frank IMO. Give me Noel over Zeller 10/10.

Agreed on Zeller. The 2 guys from last year are no longer with the team, too. Not that PJ is good or anything. But both were traded for expiring contracts.

Agreed on Zeller. The 2 guys from last year are no longer with the team, too. Not that PJ is good or anything. But both were traded for expiring contracts.

Both were traded for some pretty significant pieces. Don't make it sound like we just got a guy like Nazr Mohammad. I have no problem drafting guys that can be flipped for trades like Vonleh. Hairston was a miss, I guess, but we got value for him.

Both were traded for some pretty significant pieces. Don't make it sound like we just got a guy like Nazr Mohammad. I have no problem drafting guys that can be flipped for trades like Vonleh. Hairston was a miss, I guess, but we got value for him.

Oh I'm not complaining about the return for them at all. The Hairston trade might be the steal of the trade deadline. I would've liked to keep Vonleh & flip Zeller instead, but so it goes. Naturally, I wish that both players came with at least another year on the contracts. There's no telling what will happen with them this off season.

Since 2006, it would be very, very generous to give the Hornets a C- in drafting. Considering, their position, it would probably be lower.

After watching some of the Raps game last night I sure wish that would have signed Biz back

Lots of people on the radio this morning talking about signing DaWight. I don't see that at all. He is a cancer and a loser, and is going to want a max contract. It would be tough to sign both him and Mehtum without going into tax territory, which would make no sense. I get the knee-jerk reaction of getting dominated on the boards by the Heat, but I don't think that stiff helps any more in that regard than a healthy MKG and Batum.

After watching some of the Raps game last night I sure wish that would have signed Biz back
Re-signing Biz and drafting Winslow instead of Frank would have been the smart thing to do

Winslow is hella overrated.

i

Hornets kinda seem to be in purgatory.

That's fair. The only way out of purgatory for a team like Charlotte is to draft a star. Other than that, the ceiling is what it is. Likely potential for a 1st round playoff win, but that's it.

IF MKG can stay healthy I'd like to see what the team does

Back