• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2015-2016 Charlotte Hornets Thread - Batum & Marv back, Lin, Al & Lee gone

Is all this Hassan Whiteside to CLT chatter I'm hearing on the radio legit? I know hes from Gastonia but I dont want to get my hopes up.

He is certainly a better option than DaWight. Assuming he would get the same max deal from Miami (which I have no idea how they could do with Bosh and Wade already there plus Deng and Dragic, but they seem to sign whoever they want every year) I think it would depend if he thought he had a better chance of winning here with a younger team than with those guys on the downside of their careers and Bosh's status up in the air in general.

I know it's ridiculous and I shouldn't allow myself to think about it, but what if Steph wins like 4 straight titles and MVPs with the Ws? The only real thing left to do would be to try to win one for the hometown team like LeBron is trying to do right?

No. The goal would be 6+. That's the goal for everyone post Jordan.

I'm pretty sure it will happen at some point assuming his ankles hold up, the question is how old will he be at that point and how effective. I assume he would be a 3rd or 4th option by that point so would need to have a strong core already in place.

Apparently MKG recently bought and moved into Sean Gilbert's old house. Not sure how that works for karma.

Biz has been a beast the last few games for the Raptors. I still don't get letting him walk given his age, salary, and what he showed last year. Cho and MJ obviously made some great moves last offseason, but I don't really get that one, especially since they paid Hansbrough more than Biz to ride the pine.

Biz has been a beast the last few games for the Raptors. I still don't get letting him walk given his age, salary, and what he showed last year. Cho and MJ obviously made some great moves last offseason, but I don't really get that one, especially since they paid Hansbrough more than Biz to ride the pine.

Hansbrough makes 1.18 million on a 1-year deal, Biz makes $3 million per on a 2-year deal...he signed in Toronto for the mini mid-level exception, after we declined to offer him a qualifying offer that would have been 4.05 million. The Hornets would have been over the cap if they had offered him his qualifying offer.

http://www.atthehive.com/2015/6/29/...cline-to-tender-a-qualifying-offer-to-bismack

Agreed that he's looked good the past couple of games, but he is only getting this increased playing time due to the Valanciunas injury.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'd guess the Hornets told him they'd give him the max or close to it. He would have fetched that on the open market so at least he's happy to not even take any visits if the money is there. The fact that they're the only ones that can offer him a 5th year might buy the Hornets some room on the average yearly salary with a still much higher overall total.

Lin has opted out of his player option. Free agent.

Ah that sucks, but expected I guess. Hopefully they'll make a decent push to re-sign him as it seemed like a good fit for both sides.

That's fair. The only way out of purgatory for a team like Charlotte is to draft a star. Other than that, the ceiling is what it is. Likely potential for a 1st round playoff win, but that's it.

They could always draft Larry Johnson, Alonzo and Scotty Burrell and build a front court through the draft.

Back