• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2015-2016 Charlotte Hornets Thread - Batum & Marv back, Lin, Al & Lee gone

I could definitely see that being the pick. He won't be a star, but he could be a decent rotation player.

He's projected as an early-to-mid 2nd rounder right now, so taking him at 22 would be a reach. Cho has said they're exploring trade options, so maybe they trade back and take him. I think he'd fit in well here though.

Yeah but with their luck they would trade back and someone would pick him ahead of them. If they could get a future first then yeah I'd trade back, but not for just an additional second. Second round picks are virtually worthless when you're trying to make the jump from good to really good, so if their guy is there at 22 then I'd just take him.

Oh, I agree. Just take your guy if he's there. Just for comparison's sake, here's some of the mocks right now (nobody really knows what the Hornets are thinking):

Chad Ford, ESPN: Denzel Valentine, G, Michigan State
LA Times: DeAndre Bembry, St. Joseph’s, SG/SF
Gary Parrish, CBS Sports: Denzel Valentine, SG, Michigan State
NBADraft.net: Damian Jones, C, Vanderbilt
NBA.com: Ante Zizic, C, Croatia
DraftExpress: Denzel Valentine, SG, Michigan State
Walter Football: Wade Baldwin, G, Vanderbilt
Fox Sports: Malik Beasley, G, Florida State
The Vertical: Ivica Zubac, C, Mega Leks, Adriatic League

I think Valentine would be a great pick as well. Assuming Lin leaves they could give him a shot at the backup PG role and see if his scoring will translate.

Who we should take and who we will take are 2 completely different scenarios.

Marcus Paige or Bryce Johnson sorry guys

59455350.jpg

He says, trying to convince himself it's really a joke and we won't really do that

Draft day! Some early-day news:

Adrian Wojnarowski @WojVerticalNBA
Sources: Charlotte's offering No. 22 - if team will take contract of Spencer Hawes or Jeremy Lamb. Hornets need space to re-sign free agents

The way it sounds, doesn't seem like they want much of anything in return. Just to unload one of those guys to gain cap space. If that's true, they must not be super impressed with anyone that's set to be around at 22.

Yeah they need pieces to try to get over the hump now. My concern would be if they can't re-sign Lin, they do need someone in that backup scoring PG role. I think Valentine would fit that role nicely if he is there, so hopefully they have an agreement with Lin before they trade the pick.

I really don't get why we're so keen on re-signing Al. This isn't 1998. His type of player doesn't work in this league anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah they need pieces to try to get over the hump now. My concern would be if they can't re-sign Lin, they do need someone in that backup scoring PG role. I think Valentine would fit that role nicely if he is there, so hopefully they have an agreement with Lin before they trade the pick.

Valentine can't play a lick of defense and his knees might fall off in the next couple of years, but other than that, he's an NBA player.

I really don't get why we're so keen on re-signing Al. This isn't 1998. His type of player doesn't work in this league anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eh, the type of player works just fine, there just aren't many of them so they can't be the focus across the league any more. All big guys now want to shoot 3s and play face up, very few actually have a low post, back to the basket game. So the game has changed to adapt to the lack of those types of players, but those few that do exist can certainly do it well. Al was productive enough when it counted.

Back