• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2015-2016 Charlotte Hornets Thread - Batum & Marv back, Lin, Al & Lee gone

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojVerticalNBA 4m4 minutes ago

Sacramento is trading guard Marco Belinelli to Charlotte for the No. 22 pick, league sources tell @TheVertical.

LOL

They are trading for 30 yo who plays no d? sounds like an MJ management decision.

that can't be it, have to be sending them hawes or something. i mean literally that trade is illegal as it stands.

As a Kings fan I like that trade, as a Hornets fan I don't like that trade.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

This has to be part 1 to a bigger plan. No way you bring on Belinelli at 6M a year when you're trying to clear cap space.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So was Lamb or Hawes part of that deal?

Ugh. We should change the name back to the Bobcats. We don't deserve the Hornets name.

Other teams covet 2nd round picks, why would the Hornets give away 1st rounders?

and the Pacers got Thad Young for the 20th pick! Somebody needs to check this trade for collusion.

ugh, i didn't think they could make this trade because you can't take on salary for nothing unless you're under the cap but they're just going to wait until the new league year on July 1 to make it official.

pretty shitty tbh

This has to be part 1 to a bigger plan. No way you bring on Belinelli at 6M a year when you're trying to clear cap space.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i guess they decided they'd rather have 2 years of belli at 6m per than pay Courtney Lee double that.

Also, Belli won't start hopefully (Batum and MKG at the wings) so I guess if he gets his shot back he could be an okay reserve, but man why not just take a swing at 22 for a backup. At least that would have upside.

Also, Belli won't start hopefully (Batum and MKG at the wings) so I guess if he gets his shot back he could be an okay reserve, but man why not just take a swing at 22 for a backup. At least that would have upside.
They didn't see any soft white jump shooting big men available at 22 I guess.

Jordan needs to sell the team. They will always suck on draft day if he is pulling the strings.

Last year and this year are much beyond disappointing.

last year was heart breaking. this year with #22 in a really shit draft it's more of a meh. i'd have preferred a rookie like malachi richardson but that's a crapshoot too.

Back