• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2015-2016 Charlotte Hornets Thread - Batum & Marv back, Lin, Al & Lee gone

So there's like 3 teams with a complete feeling to watch, 13 in purgatory, 10 in hell. I'm glad we graduated out of hell

Official 2015-2016 Charlotte Hornets Thread - Purple Shirt Guy Fucks Us

So there's like 3 teams with a complete feeling to watch, 13 in purgatory, 10 in hell. I'm glad we graduated out of hell

I think there are more than 3. I would say a team that can reasonably expect to compete for a conference finals appearance is out of purgatory, but that's just me.

East:
Cavs, Raptors, Heat, Hawks, Wizards, Bulls

West:
Dubs, Spurs, Thunder, Clips, Blazers, Rockets, Mavs

I'm sure there are some teams I'm forgetting, but it comes down to have at least one legitimately star player.

Last edited:
Nah, purgatory is even if every possible thing breaks right, you still can't win a championship.

I think there are more than 3. I would say a team that can reasonably expect to compete for a conference finals appearance is out of purgatory, but that's just me.

East:
Cavs, Raptors, Heat, Hawks, Wizards, Bulls

West:
Dubs, Spurs, Thunder, Clips, Blazers, Rockets, Mavs

I'm sure there are some teams I'm forgetting, but it comes down to have at least one legitimately star player.

this is some stupid shit

Like almost none of those teams have a legit chance to win the championship. Wizards, who've never won as many games as the Hornets won this year with 5 years of Wall and already spent a bunch of money on FA. Hawks who were the poster boys for supposed "purgatory", whatever it is you want to say it is, don't have any real superstars. etc. etc.

Like almost none of those teams have a legit chance to win the championship. Wizards, who've never won as many games as the Hornets won this year with 5 years of Wall and already spent a bunch of money on FA. Hawks who were the poster boys for supposed "purgatory", whatever it is you want to say it is, don't have any real superstars. etc. etc.

Fair enough.

We were up 3-2 with game 6 at home. And Batum and Lin were hurt. We were pretty close to the second round. I don't think the Raptors are particularly good, I don't think anyone would've been that surprised if we beat them if we were healthy. As long as you get in the opposite bracket from the Cavs you have a shot at the Eastern Conference finals. And like I said, we were fun to watch, a lot of good basketball this year. And I'm definitely not a guy shy about bashing

Also the Bulls and Wizards are hot garbage

Is juice crew a philly fan?

The basketball was fun to watch this season. I don't know when that stopped counting for anything

Yeah, the first two years of Clifford's tenure were painful to watch compared to this year.....this season, they maintained their defensive identity (for the most part....at least until some of those first halves in Miami), while becoming a much more entertaining offensive team to watch. Would have been nice to have a healthy MKG in there, as well as Batum at 100%.

My biggest gripe about the series is that Clifford decided to "go big" in his starting lineup once Batum got hurt and yet we were still getting murdered on the boards. Can't get outhustled like that.

I hate to point out that the Heat were playing without Bosh.

I think this team as-is has a shot at the conference finals with a healthy MKG. They were really, really good in the handful of games he actually played.

FA will be key. Obviously there is a big question of what to do with Al or whether to get a more defensive-oriented C (Joke Noah?). IMO they need to re-sign Batum and Lin, Lee is less of a priority if MKG is fully healthy. Maybe they re-sign Lee and move Lamb? I assume Marvin Williams will get re-signed also.

MKG will never be fully healthy. bad shoulders and professional basketball players are a bad combo

There's gonna be some rowdy folks on the Hornets social media if we don't re-sign Lin. He has the biggest "fan club" of supporters I've ever seen. And boy do they fucking hate Kemba.

Back