• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2015-2016 Charlotte Hornets Thread - Batum & Marv back, Lin, Al & Lee gone

Why would they have to do that if they had just resigned him at a normal rate last summer?

My bad, yeah he would have been a RFA last summer if they had made the qualifying offer. He wouldn't have gotten that much.

The worst part is that frank and biz are the same age

The worst part is that frank and biz are the same age

allegedly

Pretty clear they should have kept Biz, I don't think Frank had anything to do with letting him go though. More about being forced to take Spencer Hawes in order to get rid of Lance and being obsessed with becoming a 3 point shooting team.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind giving Marvin more money per year to keep it down to a two year, maybe 3 year with a team option deal

Problem is thought that this is probably Marvins last big deal. He's going to be looking for years i'd guess.

But will anybody give him years at that rate?

Sucks that Lin is gone, he was a sparkplug. Can they sign anyone else decent in that role if they also sign Marvin? I assume Eric Gordon is too high, right?

But will anybody give him years at that rate?

Sucks that Lin is gone, he was a sparkplug. Can they sign anyone else decent in that role if they also sign Marvin? I assume Eric Gordon is too high, right?

No clue unfortunately. i'm sure there are plenty of guys that can give you offense off the bench, but I highly doubt they will be as good as Lin, he was great last year.

That is a pretty sorry list. Foye maybe? Flier on Larkin? Brandon Jennings would work I guess.

That's a bargain.

Who are the Hornets going to get to replace him?

Big Al to the Pacers, 3 years/$30mm

Wow, barely a pay cut from his current deal....the realities of the new NBA salary cap. Thought he'd be lucky to get half of his current deal with 25,000+ minutes on his tires already.

Wow, barely a pay cut from his current deal....the realities of the new NBA salary cap. Thought he'd be lucky to get half of his current deal with 25,000+ minutes on his tires already.

I just can't...

I just like Biz and think Frank is a waste so I'm probably overly salty

Back